Bad Santa and the Payroll Tax Break

Bad Santa and the Payroll Tax Break

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Dec 11

Originally posted by Kunsoo
Rove thinks that the Republicans messed up, and basically says that they should just cave and attack the President when his back is turned.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/12/karl-rove-says-house-gop-should-throw-in-the-towel-on-payroll-tax-video.php?ref=fpa
The Wall Street Journal said basically the same thing.

Moves
22 Dec 11

Originally posted by sh76
Half the people in the US don't pay income tax as it is and a payroll tax break, if anything, hurts most the SS trust fund and Medicare.
By 'the ss trust fund' do you mean the non-existent fund, represented in the General funds as a lot of IOU's.? Is that the fund that will be hurt? I think not.

Moves
22 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by sh76
What a stupid cartoon.

Half the people in the US don't pay income tax as it is and a payroll tax break, if anything, hurts most the SS trust fund and Medicare.

Moreover, no serious proposal out there is advocating further tax cuts for the rich as this time. So the timing of the proposal is just plain odd.
So you repeat Bachmann's lie. This morning the bald-headed dren on CNN called her a liar for saying that and her response was to repeat it.

You can't beat hard-headed! (Actually you can but you have to use a shovel and not let up until you don't hear any more noise.)

(She might be stupid enough to get my vote! She'll have to do more however 'cause Perry has raised the bar!)