1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Oct '20 14:20
    That is, whether he is going to pack the court. Your candidate said that. We don't 'deserve' to know what his plans are. A car salesman says..'Sign here, commit to buying the car, and then I will tell you how much it will cost"

I am just the messenger. This is a fact. No need to respond. After all, Eisenhower did not respond to the messenger who told him that Hitler was in the next town........ The messenger who gave him a message about impending devastation, which is all that I, as a messenger, am doing for you.
  2. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    11 Oct '20 14:24
    Definitely will hurt Biden as far as votes go.
  3. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    11 Oct '20 15:132 edits
    Kamala Harris refused to answer that question too during the debate with Pence. .
    In that same debate she exclaimed that she and Joe would never lie or hold back information from the people.
    More Democrat Doublethink.
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Oct '20 15:21
    @dood111 said
    Kamala Harris refused that question to answer too during the debate with Pence. .
    In that same debate she exclaimed that she and Joe would never lie or hold back information from the people.
    More Democrat Doublethink.
    I actually know of a person on this forum who wants a new administration to change and to reverse all that has been accomplished in the last 4 years. And, they are voting tax increases, whether they know or not. It starts when they see the Trump tax reduction done away with......It had increased the average income by $2000. That will be gone. So, right out of the gate, they are voting to do away with $2000 in their pockets. Curious indeed. I think that wanting to be part of a group, which independent Republicans are not, is worth the sacrifice?
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Oct '20 15:301 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    That is, whether he is going to pack the court. Your candidate said that. We don't 'deserve' to know what his plans are. A car salesman says..'Sign here, commit to buying the car, and then I will tell you how much it will cost"

I am just the messenger. This is a fact. No need to respond. After all, Eisenhower did not respond to the messenger who told him that ...[text shortened]... ve him a message about impending devastation, which is all that I, as a messenger, am doing for you.
    The President can't "pack the Court" anyway. Adjusting the size of the SCOTUS would require Congressional action so it is more appropriate to ask candidates for those offices their views on the matter.

Republicans have been "packing" the courts all through the Trump administration though. No outcry from "independent Republicans" about that.
  6. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    11 Oct '20 15:55
    They are talking about adding judges to the supreme Court.
    So no, Trump didn't do that. 🙄
    Quit playing dumb.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Oct '20 16:01
    @cheesemaster said
    They are talking about adding judges to the supreme Court.
    So no, Trump didn't do that. 🙄
    Quit playing dumb.
    Moscow Mitch blocked any hearings or a vote on Obama's nominee so that IF a Republican won in 2016, they could put a right winger on the SCOTUS.

He also deliberately obstructed and delayed Obama's appointments for lower court openings for the same reasons:

HANNITY: I was surprised Obama left so many court vacancies.

MOSCOW MITCH: That's because I was in charge.

How is that any different in effect from increasing the number of SCOTUS judges?
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    @no1marauder said
    The President can't "pack the Court" anyway. Adjusting the size of the SCOTUS would require Congressional action so it is more appropriate to ask candidates for those offices their views on the matter.

Republicans have been "packing" the courts all through the Trump administration though. No outcry from "independent Republicans" about that.
    Pay no attention to the Cheese man's last remark, Mr. Marauder.
    Keep playing dumb.
  9. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    @averagejoe1 said
    I actually know of a person on this forum who wants a new administration to change and to reverse all that has been accomplished in the last 4 years. And, they are voting tax increases, whether they know or not. It starts when they see the Trump tax reduction done away with......It had increased the average income by $2000. That will be gone. So, right out of the gate ...[text shortened]... k that wanting to be part of a group, which independent Republicans are not, is worth the sacrifice?
    It's called Trump Derangement Syndrome.
    They hate Trump so much they are willing to vote for higher taxes for themselves along with all the other horrible things Biden and the dems want to do to us.
  10. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    11 Oct '20 16:07
    @no1marauder

If the Dems add SC judges for the sole purpose of getting what they want then in the future the Republicans would do the same.

So when does it end?

9 is fine. Leave it alone.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Oct '20 16:292 edits
    @no1marauder said

Everyone here, the good guys and the bad guys, again evade an issue. The issue is not whether he can do it, or what the Republicans have done, or maybe Grover Cleveland.............

The issue is that here is a man who wants to run our country who actually rudely says, like a King, we do not deserve an answer to what his plans are. In this case, packing the court. Right, Marauder, maybe he can't 'now', but when they can change things at the drop of a hat, then just maybe they can pack, I dont know.

The issue is, do you want a man who wants to reverse everything, the prosperity, whatever? Who is saying this week that he is 'For' fracking to the Pennsylvania audience? That would change, of course, watch your $2 gas go to $5. Do you think average income will continue to rise like it has for 4 years? How can it?

No, he can't pack the court himself, Marauder is right. But look deeper into the integrity, the grit (lack thereof) of this man,, and his cohorts. He says to Handy.."You dont deserve to know, to have me answer". Sit down and shut up, Andy???
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 Oct '20 16:55

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '20 16:59
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    wow...the whole world is telling us it ok for a presidential candidate to tell the voters they dont need to know things? 😂😂😂
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Oct '20 17:08
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Hello Shav, long time no post. How bout' ...."the cheese (Biden) on the campaign trail is okay'.. Just interchange a few words there, and you would thus be saying that it is OKAY for Biden to tell the moderators, Trump, an 330 million people that they Do Not Deserve to Know What His Plans Are! WhatEVER the plan.

Can you not remove your clever/cynical hat for a moment and address that? You are getting more like Suzianne and less like Sonhouse.
  15. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    11 Oct '20 17:103 edits
    @cheesemaster said
    @no1marauder

If the Dems add SC judges for the sole purpose of getting what they want then in the future the Republicans would do the same.

So when does it end?

9 is fine. Leave it alone.
    No Republican president has ever wanted to add more Supreme Court Justices.
    Prior to Biden, only one other democrat, Franklin Roosevelt advocated doing it, and he got gob-smacked for it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree