1. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 13:421 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes stick it in your ear robbie. If the best you can do is ascribe the Singaporean take on "Asian Values" to the person who explains it to you, then get lost by all means.
    sure thing FMF, it will be my pleasure
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 13:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    sure thing FMF, it will be my pleasure
    Last question: was it trolling/childish revenge for some perceived slight elsewhere or are you just not very bright?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 13:473 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Last question: was it trolling/childish revenge for some perceived slight elsewhere or are you just not very bright?
    i never consciously engage in trolling, i simply dont get it, nor have i ever claimed to be an intellectual, kissy kissy eff emm eff, you need a gentle massage to chill you out, your soo highly strung these days. For the last time, it was nothing against you personally, why wont you believe me?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 13:49
    i never engage in trolling, i simply dont get it, nor have i ever claimed to be an intellectual,...
    So you think that I think that what I call "outrageous restrictions" are justified? My use of the word "outrageous" was what... too intellectual?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 13:50
    3 edits
    How many times are you going to edit your post after I have already responded?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 13:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    How many times are you going to edit your post after I have already responded?
    LOL, honestly eff emm eff, i gotta go, i am just gonna make you more frustrated and i seriously dont want that, however, let me say this, when you stated that the restrictions were outrageous, which they are, you also left the assertion, somewhat open ended, by stating, 'was it worth it', in my own mind, this created confusion, what indeed was the import of these words, for here on the one hand eff emm eff is stating that the restrictions are 'outrageous', yet he may be harbouring some thoughts that it could be justifiable, if it helped economic stability. Is that not the case?
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 13:58
    So which one of you has the biggest penis?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 14:00
    look i was responding to the article you posted, cited in the economist, it terms the government of Singapore a 'good government', naturally, i have issues with that, that is the tact i have taken, it is nothing to do with you personally, unless of course you are a staunch advocate of that system, which as yet, has yet to be determined.
    What makes you think I might support repression in Singapore?
  9. Germany
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 14:02
    Originally posted by Palynka
    At least we can be fairly sure they beat Asians in that respect.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 14:05
    when you stated that the restrictions were outrageous, which they are, you also left the assertion, somewhat open ended, by stating, 'was it worth it', in my own mind, this created confusion, what indeed was the import of these words, for here on the one hand eff emm eff is stating that the restrictions are 'outrageous', yet he may be harbouring some ...[text shortened]... oughts that it could be justifiable, if it helped economic stability. Is that not the case?
    You said you did not want to detract from Singapore's economic "success". You said this, even though JWs - to cite just one example of repression - can be arrested in their own homes basically for being who they are. So, I said to you: surely the economic success - the 'trade off' as sh76 put it - simply is not worth it?

And you interpret this as me "harbouring some thoughts that [the repression of JWs] could be justifiable?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 14:14
    its not the size of your willy, its what you do with it!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 14:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    You said you did not want to detract from Singapore's economic "success". You said this, even though JWs - to cite just one example of repression - can be arrested in their own homes basically for being who they are. So, I said to you: surely the economic success - the 'trade off' as sh76 put it - simply is not worth it?

And you interpret this as me "harbouring some thoughts that [the repression of JWs] could be justifiable?
    yes that is correct, it was a mere side issue in response to sh67 point about human rights issues. Now i think you will agree, that is something entire different from economic issue, did i not state, how that i cannot see how one has a bearing upon the other?
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 14:17
    I wrote something to detract about Singapore's economic success but you two didn't seem to care. What's the big deal here?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 14:18
    Originally posted by FMF

yes i did, in fact, i even asked you to confirm or deny what those threats were, for that's how it really did appear to me, if I was mistaken in this regard, then, yes i apologise.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 14:191 edit
    I wrote something to detract about Singapore's economic success but you two didn't seem to care. What's the big deal here?
    i dont want to hijack FMf thread, thats why, for i was conscious that it may happen, but despite my best efforts, that is what has transpired - sigh

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree