Can the US learn from California?

Can the US learn from California?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jb

Moves
30 Jun 09

Originally posted by sh76
First, Clinton was not a liberal democrat. Economically, he was very much a centrist. Most Europeans would likely call him a conservative, at least from an economic perspective. Socially, he was more liberal, but still very moderate (pro death penalty, 3 strikes, don't ask, don't tell)

Second, Clinton's surplus had more to do with the strong economy buoyed b ...[text shortened]... : People rarely are able to become governor of Arkansas if they're really all that liberal.
He was a genius at that. While in Arkansas he made it possible to sell aids tainted prison blood to Canada. Made some bucks and furthered his eugenics agenda. He was bound to become president.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
30 Jun 09

Originally posted by joe beyser
He was a genius at that. While in Arkansas he made it possible to sell aids tainted prison blood to Canada. Made some bucks and furthered his eugenics agenda. He was bound to become president.
Please explain.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
30 Jun 09

Originally posted by joe beyser
He is in art sculpture. He has quite a passion for it. I would say that is why he is still with it. He has been working on all kinds of marketing strategies. I don't know exactly how much he pulls in but last quarter was $60000 in taxes. That should give him 240,000 a year for himself, but I know it isn't that much. His inventory on large pieces that had ...[text shortened]... He has seriously considered going back to working for wages, so He makes way less than 240,000
What kind of job is he going to do that will give him wages like that?! Is he an M.D. or something?

My homie has an M.A. in Fine Arts from Georgetown. He makes video games - big business. He grosses just over 100k I believe.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
30 Jun 09

Originally posted by Weadley
Useless... Raising taxes is the reason why Cali is in trouble.

We pay about 38% off the top for our business. When I want to pay a divedend to myself it is taxed at 37-38%. That adds up to paying 78% in taxes for every dollar I make off of my ownership in a business. Bush lowered the divedend tax to 10-15%, that was great, Obama is only going to raise the ...[text shortened]... really get the feeling that you do not "get it" when it comes to owning a business. (useless)
Or perhaps the fact that other states need our money is why we're in trouble. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
30 Jun 09

Originally posted by uzless
Do you know where California gets its revenue from???

50% comes from Income tax
35% comes from Sales tax

That's 85% of the revenue coming from you, the worker.

Do you know how much the rich businesses in California contribute to California's revenue??

10%

That's right....only 10%, while you the worker are left to pay 85%. Does that se ...[text shortened]... olding the bag to pay all the bills??????

Raise business taxes!!! Lower income taxes.
Wait - it doesn't get it's revenue from the Feds?! Are you sure? Them liberals are so bad with money...always trying to get handouts... 🙄