1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 01:131 edit
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    You're smoking the good stuff again, I see.
    And I can understand because I'm taking a sabbatical ( from the weed) 😵

I remain an activist however.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 08:29
    Originally posted by whodey
    "We have no conclusive answer to this question mainly because the measurement problem of quantum mechanics remains unsolved."

As I said, human intellectual capacity is puny compared to the knowledge of the universe. To predict the future accurately one would have to know every facet of quantum mechanics.
    Actually, much recent progress has been made in attempting to resolve the measurement problem in quantum mechanics.

Even classically speaking many systems are chaotic and we cannot hope to describe them with arbitrary accuracy at long times.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 15:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/sep/11/charliue-brooker-computer-predicts-future

Can computers predict the future? If you think about it, if you knew all the information there is to know, you should be able to predict the future. If we can then use a computer, that is able to compute large amounts of data, can they better predict the future than we can?
    Like humans it still boils down to an educated guess.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree