1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 12:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    Capitalism is not evil, rather, people are evil. Evil people will corrupt any system and even Rwingetts ideal communist model that has been repeatidly soiled by countries like the USSR and China.

I think the question is, what system works best for "evil" people? Well, the USSR fell and China is now moving towards capitalism. So there you have it.

Whe ...[text shortened]... a makes me ill. After all, he has benefited handsomely from the system he repeatidly attacks.
    Actually, despite the title, Moore is not attacking capitalism per se, but is instead attacking the Milton Friedman, laissez-faire, "free" trade style of capitalism that we have been saddled with since Reagan's days. He waxes nostalgic about the FDR, Keynesian, well regulated style of capitalism that we used to have back in the good old days. Back when capitalism was made to work more equally for everyone by building up a growing middle class instead of just serving the interests of the wealthy elite.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 13:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    . Your hypocrisy is far more evident. You admit to feeling "ill" when someone exercises his economic freedom AND his freedom of speech?
    So when someone makes me "ill" that makes me a hypocrite? How so?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree