1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 12:26
    China sharpens language, warns Taiwan that independence 'means war' --- Reuters

BEIJING (Reuters) - China toughened its language towards Taiwan on Thursday, warning after recent stepped up military activities near the island that “independence means war” and that its armed forces were acting in response to provocation and foreign interference.
    ------------------------

The implications of this are quite obvious and grim, America will most likely involve itself in another war. At least fighting for the Taiwanese is a case where who we fight for actually want to fight as well, unlike Viet Nam.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-taiwan-idUSKBN29X0V3
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 12:49
    @earl-of-trumps said

BEIJING (Reuters) - China toughened its language towards Taiwan on Thursday, warning after recent stepped up military activities near the island that “independence means war” and that its armed forces were acting in response to provocation and foreign interference.
    ------- ...[text shortened]... o fight as well, unlike Viet Nam.

Is this possibly a reaction to US Taiwanese joint military ‘exercises’.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 12:50

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 12:56

5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 13:09
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    @duchess64 said
    I believe that everyone should refrain from war or encouraging or provoking others toward war.”
    Me too but this sort of rhetoric is almost mandatory with a US fleet in the area. Nobody likes a less than friendly nations aircraft carriers parked in their backyard.
    Hopefully it will be no more than another break out of diplomatic sabre rattling.
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 15:15
    @kevcvs57 said
    Is this possibly a reaction to US Taiwanese joint military ‘exercises’.
    The other way around. The US got involved when China started taking aggressive fly byes near/in Taiwan air space.
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 15:18
    @Duchess64 - China is projected to surpass the USA soon in various measures of power.
    That's a prospect that fills Americans with (exaggerated) horror, and some
    Americans may prefer to have a war sooner rather than later to destroy China.

Dispense with the juvenile taunts, Duchess64. You have ZERO evidence backing up your assertion.
  8. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 15:26
    @earl-of-trumps said

America will most likely involve itself in another war.

I very much doubt the Biden administration will authorize military force over Taiwan.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 15:27
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @Duchess64 - China is projected to surpass the USA soon in various measures of power.
    That's a prospect that fills Americans with (exaggerated) horror, and some
    Americans may prefer to have a war sooner rather than later to destroy China.

Dispense with the juvenile taunts, Duchess64. You have ZERO evidence backing up your assertion.
    Earl of Trumps shows his abysmal ignorance and obstinate stupidity.

In fact, one well-known book about what I described is
    _Destined for War: Can America and China Escape Thucydides's Trap?_
    by Graham Allison

"The Chinese superpower has arrived. Could America's failure to grasp this reality pull the
    United States and China into war? [Destined for War] argue[s] persuasively that adjusting to
    this global power shift will require great skill on both sides if conflagration is to be avoided."
    --'New York Times Book Review'

"Thucydides’s Trap identifies a cardinal challenge to world order: the impact of a rising power on a ruling power.
    I read the book with great interest. I can only hope that the US-China relationship becomes
    the fifth case to resolve itself peacefully, rather than the 13th to result in war.”
    --Henry KIssinger

In this case, China's the rising power while the USA's the declining power.
    I expect US politics to develop even more irrational Sinophobia (racist to its core)
    if this trend continues.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 15:301 edit

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 15:331 edit

12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 15:37
    @earl-of-trumps said
    The other way around. The US got involved when China started taking aggressive fly byes near/in Taiwan air space.
    It’s not though is it, the US fleet is always sailing around that area regardless of what’s going on between China and Taiwan.
    You have to wonder if the US Would be at all bothered about Taiwan if it wasn’t for its strategic position just off mainland China.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 15:48

14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 16:11
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    That’s how we know it’s an Empire, a globally dominant navy is a dead giveaway.
  15. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 17:05
    @earl-of-trumps said

Americans don’t have the balls to take on China.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree