1. silicon valley
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 23:24
    just look at the poor little south sea island village in kiribati sinking into the sea, according to recent news ....

googled for it and found a PDF for an engineering report that made NO mention of global warming as the cause, just that the island was subject to ocean currents so that one side of was washed out.

coasts are variable ... currents wash at them all the time ...

and why aren't ALL the islands sinking into the sea?
  2. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 23:25
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    it's probly cooling now ... if it's warming it hasn't warmed much .... if it warms it won't matter, weather changes, species die, people won't change that ...
    You're jumping back and forth. First "it's only natural" that the earth is warming. Now it's actually cooling.

So are the photos that literally show the ice caps changing because they've melted so much faked?

Why have you posted so many articles claiming the earth IS warming but we're not the cause? Now you're saying you disagree with those scientists.
  3. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 23:28
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    You're jumping back and forth. First "it's only natural" that the earth is warming. Now it's actually cooling.

So are the photos that literally show the ice caps changing because they've melted so much faked?

Why have you posted so many articles claiming the earth IS warming but we're not the cause? Now you're saying you disagree with those scientists.
    It seems to me you will post and defend any editorial that disputes global warming, even if they conflict with each other.
  4. silicon valley
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 23:30

Why have you posted so many articles claiming the earth IS warming but we're not the cause? ....
    "so many" = how many?
  5. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 23:33
    "so many" = how many?
    I didn't count but you have posted some. The quantity is irrelevant.
  6. silicon valley
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 23:33
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r320/smoothsailing_02/5a306fe2.gif
  7. silicon valley
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 23:37
    so, FMF, how many polar bears have you killed jetting back and forth to Indonesia?

😵

http://blog.seattlepi.com/aerospace/archives/186196.asp
  8. silicon valley
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 23:38

Edit: Kiss your bishop goodbye.
    (zeeblebot licks chops.)
  9. silicon valley
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 23:40
    I didn't count but you have posted some. The quantity is irrelevant.
    it'd help if you'd quantitate "many" and "some". maybe you're thinking of someone else.
  10. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 00:581 edit
    it'd help if you'd quantitate "many" and "some". maybe you're thinking of someone else.
    How about this. If I can link two different posts from you, one claiming the earth is not warming - and another claiming the earth IS warming but we're not the cause...

Will you admit your position is based on partisanship rather than conviction?
  11. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 01:24
    He he he,, my vote goes to the myth...... natural causes that occur over centuries.
    And the projected cost is way too much. However, not to worry, we'll have a huge eruption from a volcano, maybe in Italy, and the cloud will shut out the sun light for years. Then we in Wyoming can sit on our natural gas reserves, and burn coal all day long too... people will be flocking to the western Rockies to bundle up with us extreme right wingers. Also the home of your favorite republican Vice president... my good friend Dick.
    Ok, all kidding aside. we need to do a much better job protecting our world, and we probably are late getting on track. getting anyone to agree on anything these days, is almost impossible.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 03:05
    Zeeblebot, busted!
    Yes indeed. And it's like zeeblebot has been reduced to arguing about a tangent off a tangent off a tangent. He barndishes this article - with it's three "scientists" - only because I have teased him about citing anonymous non-scientist bloggers ad nauseam - as if it's some kind of Gotcha! on "Climategate", and yet...

...the 'Credible 3' say they don't have evidence of fraud and recommend further investigation. Well, nobody thinks that an investigation should NOT take place, and the suggestion that there's any smoking gun here about fraud is ludicrous. Indeed, the three scientists are basically telling the zeeblebots of this world to calm down and stop getting their shorts so knotted.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 03:09
    It seems to me you will post and defend any editorial that disputes global warming, even if they conflict with each other.
    mrstabby has also pointed out time and time again how zeeblebot cut and pastes so much that he frequently isn't aware of what's in his cut and pastes nor does he always seem to understand what the content means.
  14. silicon valley
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 03:43
    How about this. If I can link two different posts from you, one claiming the earth is not warming - and another claiming the earth IS warming but we're not the cause...

Will you admit your position is based on partisanship rather than conviction?
    no.

so "one here of this sort" and "one there of that sort" equates to "many" in USAPT language?
  15. silicon valley
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 03:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes indeed. And it's like zeeblebot has been reduced to arguing about a tangent off a tangent off a tangent. He barndishes this article - with it's three "scientists" - only because I have teased him about citing anonymous non-scientist bloggers ad nauseam - as if it's some kind of Gotcha! on "Climategate", and yet...

...the 'Credible 3' say they don' ...[text shortened]... g the zeeblebots of this world to calm down and stop getting their shorts so knotted.
    no, you said "The reason you don't quote from credible scientists and credible institutions ..."

and then i pointed to this thread, where i had recently quoted three credible scientists.

the ASSOCIATED PRESS headlined their article with "science not faked" based on what they chose to print of what they gleaned from interviews with the scientists. the Washington Times caught them out. that is the point of the OP. not whether "nobody thinks that an investigation should NOT take place".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree