1. silicon valley
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 03:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    mrstabby has also pointed out time and time again how zeeblebot cut and pastes so much that he frequently isn't aware of what's in his cut and pastes nor does he always seem to understand what the content means.
    if i remember mr stabby's argument right, i did cut-and-paste something that supported the idea of global warming. i went back and looked, after his post, and noted that my point in posting it was to note that global warming has occurred in the distant past WITHOUT the presence of industry.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 03:54
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    no, you said "The reason you don't quote from credible scientists and credible institutions ..."

and then i pointed to this thread, where i had recently quoted three credible scientists...
    ...who are telling you, and the likes of you, to calm down and stop running around like headless chickens. Who cares what layer upon layer upon tangent from a tangent of whatever it is that you are spam bombing us with?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 03:57
    if i remember mr stabby's argument right, i did cut-and-paste something that supported the idea of global warming. i went back and looked, after his post, and noted that my point in posting it was to note that global warming has occurred in the distant past WITHOUT the presence of industry.
    mrstabby will be along soon to back you and all your cuts & pastes up, no doubt.
  4. silicon valley
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 04:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    ...who are telling you, and the likes of you, to calm down and stop running around like headless chickens. Who cares what layer upon layer upon tangent from a tangent of whatever it is that you are spam bombing us with?
    see, what you SHOULD'VE said was, "well, i guess i exaggerated, i guess you do quote from credible sources".
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 04:10
    see, what you SHOULD'VE said was, "well, i guess i exaggerated, i guess you do quote from credible sources".
    You deliberately took the credible sources out of context - even worse that AP did. You have not a shred of credibility, zeeblebot.
  6. silicon valley
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 04:14
    really? how so?
  7. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 04:141 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You deliberately took the credible sources out of context - even worse that AP did. You have not a shred of credibility, zeeblebot.
    And you FMF do have a shred of credibility?! LOL 🙂
    Lets discuss your latest trip Cuba.....
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 04:19
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Lets discuss your latest trip Cuba.....
    What about Cuba?
  9. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 04:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    What about Cuba?
    can you describe the airport please? 🙂
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 04:531 edit
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    can you describe the airport..?
    Yes, I can.
  11. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 05:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes, I can.
    I am just messing around fmf, happy new year to you too! 🙂
  12. silicon valley
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 10:011 edit
    http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/science-of-global-warming-not-faked-inquiry-decides-1839292.html

Science of global warming not faked, inquiry decides

By Seth Borenstein, Raphael Satter and Malcolm Ritter, AP

Sunday, 13 December 2009

Emails stolen from climate scientists at the University of East Anglia show they stonewalled sceptics and discussed hiding data. But the messages don't support claims that the science of global warming was faked, an exhaustive review by the Associated Press has found.

The 1,073 emails examined show that scientists harboured private doubts, however slight and fleeting, even as they told the world they were certain about climate change. But the exchanges don't undercut the vast body of evidence showing that the world is warming as a result of man-made greenhouse gas emissions. The scientists were keenly aware of how their work would be viewed and used, and, just like politicians, went to great pains to shape their message.

(comment)

Does the AP expect us to be impressed?
    fredtaylor wrote:

Sunday, 13 December 2009 at 02:05 am (UTC)

Does anyone actually put any stock in this AP "announcement."
    Are these guys kidding me? The AP makes this ridiculous statement, and we are all supposed to figure the issue is settled?

These guys are a bunch of journalists, for goodness sake. Seth Borenstein, for one, has been a hysterical eco-maniacial pro-AGW writer for years and years.

The University of Anglia investigation is supposed to take months and months. The Penn State investigation is also going to take months and months. And... these are SCIENTISTS who are going to be taking so long to investigate the emails.

Yet... when the Associated Press, a bunch of newspapermen, take a few days and decide that everything is hunky-dorey - investigation closed - we are supposed to be impressed.

How are we supposed to figure these journalists came to their decision? Did they take a poll of other journalists? Did they poll themselves? My goodness.
  13. silicon valley
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 10:02
    😵

"however slight and fleeting"
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 10:17
    http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/science-of-global-warming-not-faked-inquiry-decides-1839292.html

Science of global warming not faked, inquiry decides

By Seth Borenstein, Raphael Satter and Malcolm Ritter, AP

Sunday, 13 December 2009

Emails stolen from climate scientists at the University of East Anglia show they stonewal ...[text shortened]... ision? Did they take a poll of other journalists? Did they poll themselves? My goodness.
    [/b]
    Hang on a sec. Who is "fredtaylor" exactly? What peer-reviwed papers has he had published?
  15. silicon valley
    Moves
    01 Jan '10 10:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    Hang on a sec. Who is "fredtaylor" exactly? What peer-reviwed papers has he had published?
    (zeeblebot presses <FN1> )

he's got at least as much creditability as an anonymous poster named "FMF"!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree