1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 02:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yes or no. Do you advocate a single payer system for health care?
    I advocate a system something along the lines of the one in Germany or Japan.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 02:431 edit
    Yes or no. Do you advocate a single payer system for health care?
    Still dodging the questions, I see, even after you asked me to repeat them. 😉
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 10:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    I advocate a system something along the lines of the one in Germany or Japan.
    Except on a much bigger scale.

My whole point here is to say that enabling a government to create such a massive and intimate and expensive system as health care in the US is to create a massive centralized government. To then expect that government to not then use that power and wealth to infiltrate every other aspect of our lives, and those abroad, is niave. Once you create the collective Frankenstien, don't bother protesting when it turns on you.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 10:32
    Except on a much bigger scale.

My whole point here is to say that enabling a government to create such a massive and intimate and expensive system as health care in the US is to create a massive centralized government. To then expect that government to not then use that power and wealth to infiltrate every other aspect of our lives, and those abroad, is n ...[text shortened]... ve. Once you create the collective Frankenstien, don't bother protesting when it turns on you.
    In what respect have governments in Germany and Japan "infiltrated" people's lives due to the implementation of their respective health care systems?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 02:04
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    In what respect have governments in Germany and Japan "infiltrated" people's lives due to the implementation of their respective health care systems?
    Please, the GDP of the US dwarfs both Germany and Japan. In fact, if you include all of the EU they are about the same as the US. You are comparing apples and oranges here. In addition to that, no country prints money like the US. They are off the hook.

I find it interesting that Germany and Japan were chosen. After all, they threw the entire world into a world war not too long ago. In addition, Hitler implemented a Nanny state where everyone got free medical and free everything else. The German people had a higher standard of living with Hitlers handouts than everyone else in Europe. It was the price he had to pay in order for the people of Germany to look the other way as he carried out mass genocide and military aggression.

History ALWAYS repeats itself.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 02:13
    Please, the GDP of the US dwarfs both Germany and Japan.
    And this makes the U.S. LESS able to provide health care to its citizens how exactly?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 02:16
    I find it interesting that Germany and Japan were chosen. After all, they threw the entire world into a world war not too long ago. In addition, Hitler implemented a Nanny state where everyone got free medical and free everything else. The German people had a higher standard of living with Hitlers handouts than everyone else in Europe. It was the price he had to pay in order for the people of Germany to look the other way as he carried out mass genocide and military aggression.

History ALWAYS repeats itself.

You think the health system that Germany has built indicates that it is going to do a repeat of its mid-20thC "mass genocide and military aggression"?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 02:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]I find it interesting that Germany and Japan were chosen. After all, they threw the entire world into a world war not too long ago. In addition, Hitler implemented a Nanny state where everyone got free medical and free everything else. The German people had a higher standard of living with Hitlers handouts than everyone else in Europe. It was the price h ...[text shortened]... ates that it is going to do a repeat of its mid-20thC "mass genocide and military aggression"?
    I am merely pointing to the proven power of collectivism. It has the power to make genocide socially acceptable.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 03:00
    I am merely pointing to the proven power of collectivism. It has the power to make genocide socially acceptable.
    But aren't we discussing the current German health system? You're saying it has "the power to make genocide socially acceptable"... and, so, it's a bad health system? Is that what you mean?
  10. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 12:35
    The passage of the NDAA. The governemnt now has the right to detain me without due process, even though it has not been used as of yet.
    How do you know it hasn't been used yet? They don't have to give word to anyone on grounds of National Security and a person just disappears.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 12:39
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    How do you know it hasn't been used yet? They don't have to give word to anyone on grounds of National Security and a person just disappears.
    True. That way it can never be challenged by SCOTUS.

But if it was challenged, we have bone heads like Roberts ready to defend it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree