1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 14:171 edit
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-congress-approval-rating-drops-to-11-percent/

Congress' approval rating drops to 11 percent

Is this really surprising? No. Congressional approval rating has hovered below 20% for decades.

So if the nation is a thriving democracy, what gives?

I say that the system has become far too dysfunctional to continue as is. America is no longer a democracy, not with below 20% approval rating spanning decades, yet the same idiot hate filled faces reappear year after year.

Term limits anyone? To get that done, we need an outside intervention, for none of these criminal Congressmen will impose term limits on themselves. What we need are people to stand up and support your local Article V movement. States need to rise up and amend the Constitution for the first time in US history. It was a provision placed in the Constitution by the Founders for a time such as this.

Will we heed their wisdom?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 15:11
    I guess voters want more of this

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/100067-issa-sestak-scandal-could-be-obamas-watergate

Obama tried to buy off the DNC primary in PA because he wanted his boy to get re-elected.

It should have ended the Obama term in scandal, but we live in a post Constitutional world.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 16:17
    Originally posted by @whodey

Is this really surprising? No. Congressional approval rating has hovered below 20% for decades.

I say that the system has become far too dysfunctional to continue as ...[text shortened]... aced in the Constitution by the Founders for a time such as this.

How do term limits lead to higher approval?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 17:162 edits
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    A better question would be, how does doing the same thing over and over again achieve a different result?

What I'm suggesting is a change. What I am suggesting is doing what Trump promised to do but could never deliver, which is drain the swamp.

Do we want career politicians in power that are so removed from society that they can no longer relate to normal people in society? Moreover, do we want a group of men that don't feel compelled to build a society that they must one day go out into? Case in point, Obamacare, they opted out but made everyone else participate. This is unjust.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 19:441 edit
    Isn't it obvious that not letting people vote for who they really want will automatically lead to greater satisfaction with those who get into office?
  6. Germany
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 20:28
    A better question would be, how does doing the same thing over and over again achieve a different result?

What I'm suggesting is a change. What I am suggesting is doing what Trump promised to do but could never deliver, which is drain the swamp.

Do we want career politicians in power that are so removed from society that they can no longer relate to n ...[text shortened]... Case in point, Obamacare, they opted out but made everyone else participate. This is unjust.
    You're suggesting a minor, nigh-insignificant change that almost certainly will do nothing to mend America's dysfunctional political system.

Why not, instead, look at the most successful democracies, copy what makes them work, and see what you can improve from there?
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 20:49

I say that the system has become far too dysfunctional to continue as ...[text shortened]... aced in the Constitution by the Founders for a time such as this.

This is actually a healthy sign. In any poll in any country politicians inevitably feature in the bottom 10 least trusted professions. Countries with higher approval ratings are full of people who know the system is corrupt but turn a blind eye.

This poll indicates an honesty (even Walmart employees suzi) other citizens should strive for.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 23:18

This Article 5 nonsense is a ruse for the political right to completely gut the Constitution, removing its rights for citizens and replacing them with rights for corporations. The right merely wants a Constitution made in their image and screw the rest of us. Yes, whodey even people like you who are stupid enough to advocate their agenda, even though you'll suffer too, just like the rest of us.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 23:45

Do we want career politicians in power that are so removed from society that they can no longer relate to n ...[text shortened]... Case in point, Obamacare, they opted out but made everyone else participate. This is unjust.
    You might answer the question put to you instead of regurgitating your small fractions of 'a truth'.
    Its called dialogue and I've never seen you do it.
    We'll 'drain the swap' and get a total infusion of new blood. Everyone will be like Trump in having no relevant memory. Where you impressed with the DHS secretary's performance? Just one more whorish slave to an ignorant, and therefore unfit, president in my opinion. Standard Republican behavior for the last year.
    They'll all be like that because you're fed up with the voters and want to limit them on your own authority.
    I understand a little of that. I think the average voter is uninformed.
    But given the choice between them and you, I'll go with them.
    At least they don't apologize for this misfit and they don't openly advocate for rule by the uninformed.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 01:17
    You're suggesting a minor, nigh-insignificant change that almost certainly will do nothing to mend America's dysfunctional political system.

Why not, instead, look at the most successful democracies, copy what makes them work, and see what you can improve from there?
    Funny how the establishment, as well as apologists for them such as yourself, fights against something so minor.

It is equally amusing that Congress chose to limit the Presidential term to 8 years after FDR citing corruption as the reason they needed to limit those terms.

I accept none of what you said.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 01:193 edits
    Originally posted by @stevemcc
    You might answer the question put to you instead of regurgitating your small fractions of 'a truth'.
    Its called dialogue and I've never seen you do it.
    We'll 'drain the swap' and get a total infusion of new blood. Everyone will be like Trump in having no relevant memory. Where you impressed with the DHS secretary's performance? Just one more whorish sla ...[text shortened]... they don't apologize for this misfit and they don't openly advocate for rule by the uninformed.
    You chose them over me?

Well then, enjoy your ballooning $20 trillion plus debt that is growing exponentially and endless wars and health care that both parties hate and country on the verge of splitting in two.

I don't see how I could do worse even if I were drunk 24/7. They are on the verge of destroying a once great Republic.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 01:21
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    This Article 5 nonsense is a ruse for the political right to completely gut the Constitution, removing its rights for citizens and replacing them with rights for corporations. The right merely wants a Constitution made in their image and screw the rest of us. Yes, whodey even people like you who are stupid enough to advocate their agenda, even though you'll suffer too, just like the rest of us.
    More baseless hysteria.

How will putting term limits in place empower corporations Suzy? How will it gut the Constitution?
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 01:25
    Funny how the establishment, as well as apologists for them such as yourself, fights against something so minor.

It is equally amusing that Congress chose to limit the Presidential term to 8 years after FDR citing corruption as the reason they needed to limit those terms.

I accept none of what you said.
    Who said this regarding the 22th Amendment:

This is the only office that is elected by all the people. I think that is an infringement on the democratic rights of the people. And now that I’m out of office, so that they can’t accuse me of wanting to do it for myself, I’m going to see if I can’t mobilize the people to demand the repeal of that Amendment. It is an invasion of their democratic rights to vote for whoever they want to vote for and for however long.

http://archives.nbclearn.com/portal/site/k-12/flatview?cuecard=3066
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 01:27
    You chose them over me?

Well then, enjoy your ballooning $20 trillion plus debt that is growing exponentially and endless wars and health care that both parties hate and country on the verge of splitting in two.

I don't see how I could do worse even if I were drunk 24/7. They are on the verge of destroying a once great Republic.
    whodey: They are on the verge of destroying a once great Republic.

whodey: More baseless hysteria.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 02:023 edits
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    whodey: They are on the verge of destroying a once great Republic.

whodey: More baseless hysteria.
    So at what debt level will the Republic implode?

You fail to answer this time and again.

Two possibilities, you have no idea for which you claim to know so you can't answer it or there is no debt level that will destroy the Republic cuz the sky is the limit.

Which is it?

If it is the later, why not give us free everything?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree