1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 02:041 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Who said this regarding the 22th Amendment:

This is the only office that is elected by all the people. I think that is an infringement on the democratic rights of the people. And now that I’m out of office, so that they can’t accuse me of wanting to do it for myself, I’m going to see if I can’t mobilize the people to demand the repeal of that Amendme ...[text shortened]... ver long.

http://archives.nbclearn.com/portal/site/k-12/flatview?cuecard=3066[/b]
    Let me guess, Hitler's evil twin?

You are more hysterical at times than Suzy.....and that is not easy I can assure you.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 02:09
    Originally posted by @whodey
    So at what debt level will the Republic implode?

You fail to answer this time and again.

Two possibilities, you have no idea for which you claim to know so you can't answer it or there is no debt level that will destroy the Republic cuz the sky is the limit.

Which is it?

If it is the later, why not give us free everything?
    It won't "implode" because of the debt level. Our debt to GDP level is lower than it was in 1946.https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/government-debt-to-gdp

Answer your question?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 02:12
    For those of us who are concerned with the insane debt, here is a question, how can either party address it without losing votes? Americans either want free stuff or lower taxes. There is no in between.

Those suggesting government cuts will be demonized as draconian, and those who refuse to lower taxes will bear the responsibility of cracking the whip to the new slaves of the massive debt.

The only way to address this is for an outside source to give them no option. The only way to address this serious issue is an amendment that forces a balanced budget of some kind, and the only way to get it done is apart from the power hungry Congress.

It would be akin to a husband cutting up his wife's credit cards who has a spending problem.

Sure, it would be ugly but there needs to be an intervention or else she will destroy herself.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 02:12
    It won't "implode" because of the debt level. Our debt to GDP level is lower than it was in 1946.https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/government-debt-to-gdp

Answer your question?
    No, at what level would the Republic implode regarding debt?
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 02:16
    A gazillion percent.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 02:18
    For those of us who are concerned with the insane debt, here is a question, how can either party address it without losing votes? Americans either want free stuff or lower taxes. There is no in between.

Those suggesting government cuts will be demonized as draconian, and those who refuse to lower taxes will bear the responsibility of cracking the whip ...[text shortened]...
    Sure, it would be ugly but there needs to be an intervention or else she will destroy herself.
    Jesus, the balanced budget nonsense again.

If it's soooooooooooooooooooooooooo impossible to not run a budget deficit, how come the US did it in the late 1990s by raising taxes on the rich and cutting military spending?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 02:372 edits
    Jesus, the balanced budget nonsense again.

If it's soooooooooooooooooooooooooo impossible to not run a budget deficit, how come the US did it in the late 1990s by raising taxes on the rich and cutting military spending?
    Who cares about raising taxes on the rich? After all, we are no where near a gazillion dollars in debt yet.

You sound like you just want to punish the rich. Why is that?

In fact, why not make the corporate tax zero dollars so that every business on the planet wishes to come to the US?

Think of the jobs created and the subsequent revenue.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 02:52
    Who cares about raising taxes on the rich? After all, we are no where near a gazillion dollars in debt yet.

You sound like you just want to punish the rich. Why is that?

In fact, why not make the corporate tax zero dollars so that every business on the planet wishes to come to the US?

Think of the jobs created and the subsequent revenue.
    When you're done talking gibberish (if ever), I'll return to this conversation.

The richest 1% in many countries are "punished" by having an effective tax rate over the 23% they pay in the US. Somehow, this draconian and sadistic infliction of pain on them doesn't stop them from enjoying the benefits of the societies they enriched themselves in.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 02:54
    When you're done talking gibberish (if ever), I'll return to this conversation.

The richest 1% in many countries are "punished" by having an effective tax rate over the 23% they pay in the US. Somehow, this draconian and sadistic infliction of pain on them doesn't stop them from enjoying the benefits of the societies they enriched themselves in.
    Why have a tax rate at all, they are no where near a gazillion dollars in debt?

Low tax rates attracts business which then creates jobs.

I think you will find that once the US lowers it's tax rates other countries will feel compelled to do the same in order to compete globally.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 03:04

The only way to address this is for an outside source to give them no option. The only way to address this serious issue is an amendment that forces a balanced budget of some kind, and the only way to get it done is apart from the power hungry Congress.

It would be akin to a husband cutting up his wife's credit cards who has a spending problem.

Sure, it would be ugly but there needs to be an intervention or else she will destroy herself.[/b]
    You want a dictatorship. Suddenly, I understand you.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 05:55
    Could you describe this process whereas the United States "implodes" because of government debt?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 07:10
    More baseless hysteria.

How will putting term limits in place empower corporations Suzy? How will it gut the Constitution?
    Not term limits, moron. Everyone knows 'term limits' is code for get the good ones out and keep rotating another corporate puppet in.

Your 'Article 5' stupidity is what I'm talking about.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 07:14

Those suggesting government cuts will be demonized as draconian, and those who refuse to lower taxes will bear the responsibility of cracking the whip ...[text shortened]...
    You sexist PoS.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 07:20
    Why have a tax rate at all, they are no where near a gazillion dollars in debt?

Low tax rates attracts business which then creates jobs.

I think you will find that once the US lowers it's tax rates other countries will feel compelled to do the same in order to compete globally.
    Man, you're stupid.

I assume you're not rich, even though you sound like you are by the way you tout lowering taxes. You've even swallowed the tired old Reaganomics theories which have been entirely debunked. They're deep in your head, aren't they, whodey? How are they paying you back for your loyalty? Here's a hint: They're not. In fact they're trying to screw you over (along with the rest of us) even more.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 09:17
    Funny how the establishment, as well as apologists for them such as yourself, fights against something so minor.

It is equally amusing that Congress chose to limit the Presidential term to 8 years after FDR citing corruption as the reason they needed to limit those terms.

I accept none of what you said.
    But why do you believe term limits will have such a dramatic impact? Certainly the alleged desired impact from the viewpoint of presidential elections didn't materialize.

Why not, instead, look at the most successful democracies, copy what makes them work, and see what you can improve from there?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree