1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 02:011 edit
    Does anyone here join with the US in its condemnation of the killing of Iranian nuclear scientist Mostafa Ahmadi-Roshan in a car bomb attack in north Tehran?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16519304
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 02:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    Does anyone here join with the US in its condemnation of the killing of Iranian nuclear scientist Mostafa Ahmadi-Roshan in a car bomb attack in north Tehran?

Israel doesn't seem so concerned:

"I don't know who took revenge on the Iranian scientist but I am definitely not shedding a tear," military spokesman Brig Gen Yoav Mordechai wrote on his official Facebook page.

"Revenge"? For what?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 03:02
    Originally posted by FMF

So they impose sanctions on Iran for their nuclear program and consider attacking them but condemn killing one of their scientists?

Did Barak send flowers?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 03:08
    Originally posted by whodey
    So they impose sanctions on Iran for their nuclear program and consider attacking them but condemn killing one of their scientists?

Did Barak send flowers?
    You don't condemn this murder then?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 04:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    You don't condemn this murder then?
    All I'm saying is that the US condemnation is bogus.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 04:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    All I'm saying is that the US condemnation is bogus.
    But you yourself don't condemn this murder?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 04:261 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    But you yourself don't condemn this murder?
    Yes, I think that Iran should be left alone.....unless they misbehave.

Really all this fighting to stop them from getting nukes may buy them some time, but in the end they will either have to attack them or leave them be. IF Iran is stupid enough to use a nuke then that will be the last thing they ever do......
  8. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 07:51
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Israel doesn't seem so concerned:

"I don't know who took revenge on the Iranian scientist but I am definitely not shedding a tear," military spokesman Brig Gen Yoav Mordechai wrote on his official Facebook page.

"Revenge"? For what?
    Prophylactic revenge. 🙄

A "majority" of countries have "voted" (did we?) that Iran (one country; a minority) shall not have nuclear technology.

On a country level, this is a classic case of a majority voting away the rights of a minority that the majority continues to enjoy themselves.

Democratic organizations should not, on principle, do this.

The world is being "unfair" to Iran.
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 15:53
    Originally posted by spruce112358
    Prophylactic revenge. 🙄

A "majority" of countries have "voted" (did we?) that Iran (one country; a minority) shall not have nuclear technology.

On a country level, this is a classic case of a majority voting away the rights of a minority that the majority continues to enjoy themselves.

Democratic organizations should not, on principle, do this.

The world is being "unfair" to Iran.
    I do not think Iran having "nuclear technology" is the problem, it's Iran having weapon grade uranium that seems to be the issue, especially for Israel.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 16:46
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    I do not think Iran having "nuclear technology" is the problem, it's Iran having weapon grade uranium that seems to be the issue, especially for Israel.
    Is Israel having about 100 nuclear weapons a problem for Iran and the rest of the Middle East?
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 17:00
    As far as I know the destruction of Iran is not one Israels publicly stated aims, whereas successive Iranian leaders have publicly called for just that in relation to Israel.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 17:13
    As far as I know the destruction of Iran is not one Israels publicly stated aims, whereas successive Iranian leaders have publicly called for just that in relation to Israel.
    That is a gross misrepresentation of the Iranian position.
  13. Pepperland
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 17:18
    I prefer a metaphorical interpretation of "Let's wipe Israel off the map" comment Ahmadinejad once made, and even if that is his legitimate desire, one can see where he's coming from. Especially when Israel consistently gets away with its covert assassinations, brutality towards Palestinians, and just a generally unpleasant foreign policy.
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 17:37
    Think you might be missing the point, regardless of what you think about someone you cannot deny their right to defend themselves from a perceived threat. By all means slag off Israel for their treatment of the Palestinians, past and present, but when it comes to Israel versus Iran " a curse on both their houses".
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 17:39
    No it's not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree