1. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    27 May '11 19:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    Huckabee told a lie. Or two. A Dog bit a man. Twice, perhaps. There is no dispute over these things. The issue has become: why did you understate how many years Obama spent growing up in Indonesia when you surely must have known the true amount? And why do you still downplay the significance of the 'age 6 to 10' phase even now that your error - indeed, your pree ...[text shortened]... " - has been pointed out to you? Is it still simply a function of your dislike for Huckabee?
    With the first Huckabee was either lying or inexcusably ignorant.

With the second Huckabee was flatout lying.

Point 1: Both are 100% provable regardless of how much time Obama spent in Indonesia. So your accusation that I deliberately lied about how much Obama spent in Indonesia fails the logic test.

Point 2: I have posted facts and figures quite often, AND quite often I check and verify facts before I post. Your claim that I post everything from memory is based on... well nothing at all.

Point 3: I made it clear when I made the claim that I was unsure of the exact time. "If I'm not mistaken" followed by a time range that I believed to be the case.

Point 4: AGAIN you continue to ignore my point that spending 14 of his 18 years growing up in the US (at least) gives the US a necessary mention. "Obama grew up in Indonesia" is a deception, whereas, "Obama spent some of his childhood in Indonesia" is not. You disagree?

Tell you what. Since you continue to deliberately ignore points you can't refute, I'll just start copying and pasting them.
  2. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    27 May '11 19:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    Nobody disputes that Huckabee lied. I'll say it again: nobody disputes that Huckabee lied. But why have you continued to downplay the significance - in terms of "growing up" - of Obama living in Indonesia when he was a kid for 2, 3 or 4 times longer than you stated? Is it because you're really angry about Huckabee?
    As I said, I'm just going to start copying and pasting the parts you deliberately ignore.

Point 4: AGAIN you continue to ignore my point that spending 14 of his 18 years growing up in the US (at least) gives the US a necessary mention. "Obama grew up in Indonesia" is a deception, whereas, "Obama spent some of his childhood in Indonesia" is not. You disagree?
  3. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    27 May '11 19:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'm not saying you forgot it all. I am saying you appeared to have forgotten ALL about his youth, several years of which were spent growing up in Indonesia - not a short time by any stretch of the child-developmental imagination. Do you still contend that it was a "short time" in terms of his "growing up"?
    I am saying you appeared to have forgotten ALL about his youth, several years of which were spent growing up in Indonesia

So not knowing the exact time he spent in Indonesia = forgetting ALL about his youth? You're trying to hard.

Also,

4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '11 19:47
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    With the first Huckabee was either lying or inexcusably ignorant.
    This is not in dispute.

Why do you keep repeating the same stuff about Huckabee which is not disputed?

The question is: in order to condemn Huckabee as strenuously as you could, why did you feel it necessary to understate and downplay the significant and substantial time your president spent growing up in Indonesia?

Whodey understates things and overstates things to fit his retail political rhetoric. Are you not concerned about being seen as doing something similar to fit your retail political rhetoric?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '11 19:491 edit
    The fact that Huckabee lied is not disputed.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '11 19:50
    Nobody disputes the fact that Huckabee lied, USArmyParatrooper.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '11 19:52
    So not knowing the exact time he spent in Indonesia = forgetting ALL about his youth?
    You seriously want people to believe that you somehow forgot all about the significant and substantial time your president spent growing up in Indonesia?
  8. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    27 May '11 19:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is not in dispute.

Why do you keep repeating the same stuff about Huckabee which is not disputed?

The question is: in order to condemn Huckabee as strenuously as you could, why did you feel it necessary to understate and downplay the significant and substantial time your president spent growing up in Indonesia?

Whodey understates things and overst ...[text shortened]... not concerned about being seen as doing something similar to fit your retail political rhetoric?
    "in order to condemn Huckabee as strenuously as you could, why did you feel it necessary to (understate)"

The premise of this question is based on your false accusation that I knew from memory the exact time Obama spent in Indonesia.

"and downplay the significant and substantial time your president spent growing up in Indonesia?"

9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '11 19:54
    Nobody - least of all me - is disputing the fact that Huckabee lied.
  10. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    27 May '11 19:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    You seriously want people to believe that you somehow forgot all about the significant and substantial time your president spent growing up in Indonesia?
    Forgot all about his time in Indonesia? No. Just the exact amount of time he spent there.

Also,

Point 2: I have posted facts and figures quite often, AND quite often I check and verify facts before I post. Your claim that I post everything from memory is based on... well nothing at all.
  11. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    27 May '11 19:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    Nobody - least of all me - is disputing the fact that Huckabee lied.
    So you agree that even IF Huckabee meant to say "Obama grew up in Indonesia" it would be a deceptive comment?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '11 20:00
    So you agree that even IF Huckabee meant to say "Obama grew up in Indonesia" it would be a deceptive comment?
    No one is disputing that Huckabee lied. How many times do you need me to say it? The question is, why did you feel the need to play down the significance and number of years that the 44th president - famously - infamously even, if you consider the whole birther issue! - spent growing up in Indonesia?
  13. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    27 May '11 20:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    No one is disputing that Huckabee lied. How many times do you need me to say it? The question is, why did you feel the need to play down the significance and number of years that the 44th president - famously - infamously even, if you consider the whole birther issue! - spent growing up in Indonesia?

The above statement is downplaying the significance?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '11 20:131 edit

The above statement is downplaying the significance?
    I don't dispute that Huckabee lied.

Do you still contend that the years between 6 and 10 years of age are a "short time" in terms of "growing up"?

Do you still contend it even after your error was pointed out to you? You continued to downplay the time Obama spent growing up in Indonesia - you kept referring to it as a "short time". Was it because you were worried that people might mistakenly think Huckabee was telling the truth?
  15. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    27 May '11 20:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't dispute that Huckabee lied.

Do you still contend that the years between 6 and 10 years of age are a "short time" in terms of "growing up"?

Do you still contend it even after your error was pointed out to you? You continued to downplay the time Obama spent growing up in Indonesia - you kept referring to it as a "short time". Was it because you were worried that people might mistakenly think Huckabee was telling the truth?
    Yes, I contend that ANY four or five year span is a short time growing up in a place when the rest of the time was spent elseware.

To answer your second question

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree