1. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 13:201 edit
    Originally posted by monster truck
    No sales or income tax here in NH and things have been ok for decades.
    Now the Dems are in power and suddenly there's a 'revenue shortfall' which can only be overcome by an income AND sales tax. It's coming boys, so ya better get ready.

btw Our property taxes are through the roof as well. The bright side is it's the only way gov has to get into our wallets at the moment.
    So has anyone in NH put forth a package of specific spending cuts that the majority of the population would be willing to accept?
    If the people don't like the prices at the restaurant, they need to eat less food.
  2. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 13:43
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    So has anyone in NH put forth a package of specific spending cuts that the majority of the population would be willing to accept?
    If the people don't like the prices at the restaurant, they need to eat less food.
    Both the gov and state legislators are working on that as we speak.

Your analogy is perfect.

I think the U.S. is suffering from epidemic obesity in more ways than one.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 14:47
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    Not starting the spending in the first place is always a heck of a lot easier, politically speaking, than starting the spending and then cutting it. That's why new spending programs should always be looked at with at least some suspicion.

I don't know anything about the NH budget, but I'd guess they started spending like everyone else in the euphoria of the late 90s, early 00s and now don't want to cut back to what is necessary to maintain their low tax burden.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree