1. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 04:16
    Trump has some unlikely allies on North Korea: Democrats

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump has found an unlikely source of support as he meets with North Korea leader Kim Jong-un: Democrats.

Some of them complain that he stole the election and want to impeach him, but praise him for trying to engage in diplomacy.

"We are encouraged by your efforts to pursue direct diplomacy with North Korea with the dual goals of resolving the nearly seven-decade-long conflict and achieving the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula," 15 House members wrote in a letter to Trump Monday. "Diplomacy is the only path to resolve the tensions between our countries."

The White House has repeatedly boasted that Trump, the businessman-turned-politician, is the perhaps the only person who could strike a deal with Kim, the reclusive dictator. Trump has already started campaigning on the issues as he hits the road for the midterm elections and relishes talk of a possible Nobel Peace Prize if the summit yields a significant lasting deal.

The letter was signed by the two co-chairs of the House's Progressive Caucus...

https://www.greeleytribune.com/news/trump-has-some-unlikely-allies-on-north-korea-democrats/
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 04:27
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    [b]Trump has some unlikely allies on North Korea: Democrats

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump has found an unlikely source of support as he meets with North Korea leader Kim Jong-un: Democrats.

Some of them complain that he stole the election and want to impeach him, but praise him for trying to engage in diplomacy.

"We are encouraged by y ...[text shortened]...

https://www.greeleytribune.com/news/trump-has-some-unlikely-allies-on-north-korea-democrats/[/b]
    Looks like they are doing to Trump what he is doing to Kim minus the complete ass kissing.
  3. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 05:07
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Looks like they are doing to Trump what he is doing to Kim minus the complete ass kissing.
    Hahahahahaha!! Maybe so! Hadn't thought about that.
  4. S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 05:22
    I've been trying to tell you guys that Pres. Trump is far more close to them in thought than typical Neo-Cons.

But the issue is that these Left won't stop screaming & crying long enough to actually look at the real things that are happening and think about what they mean.

Instead, they'd rather rant about a Russian conspiracy & Stormy Daniels.

Emotional people have a hard time being objective and interacting with the world around them.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 07:16
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    I've been trying to tell you guys that Pres. Trump is far more close to them in thought than typical Neo-Cons.

But the issue is that these Left won't stop screaming & crying long enough to actually look at the real things that are happening and think about what they mean.

Instead, they'd rather rant about a Russian conspiracy & Stormy Danie ...[text shortened]...

Emotional people have a hard time being objective and interacting with the world around them.
    Yup. The US alt-right are famous for their emotionless dedication to fact...

I presume 99% of the world rather see Trump attempt to engage in diplomacy, rather than twitter or break international agreements.
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 07:213 edits

Instead, they'd rather rant about a Russian conspiracy & Stormy Danie ...[text shortened]...

Tell us that when you're in your North Korean reeducation camp dumb arse. He has pissed off ALL our allies and made dictator Putin and north Korea happy. You really are some kind of stupid. Since when are facts and truth emotion? Blind leading the blind into the pit.
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 10:29
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Yup. The US alt-right are famous for their emotionless dedication to fact...

I presume 99% of the world rather see Trump attempt to engage in diplomacy, rather than twitter or break international agreements.
    Shav, I think you do way too much ad hom to talk about "emotion" in your posting patterns.

Just saying.
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 10:49
    Shav, I think you do way too much ad hom to talk about "emotion" in your posting patterns.

Just saying.
    Oh, your opinion is noted.

Thank you for the feedback.
  9. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 10:53

We've already seen shav 2.0 which was nicer. What can we expect from your 3.0 iteration, oh stinky one?
  10. S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 11:00

I upvoted you for this politeness.

I hope that this is the trend going forward.

... Really, I hope it is.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 13:30
    Originally posted by @kmax87
    We've already seen shav 2.0 which was nicer. What can we expect from your 3.0 iteration, oh stinky one?
    Realistically, a kinder, gentler shav is probably not on offer, but you might add ‘dimmer switch’ to your wish list of future features, just to tone him down a bit sometimes. πŸ˜‰
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 07:26
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Realistically, a kinder, gentler shav is probably not on offer, but you might add ‘dimmer switch’ to your wish list of future features, just to tone him down a bit sometimes. πŸ˜‰
    I tend to prefer 'full-strength' Shav, actually.

Pulling punches is for pussies.

And if you quote me on that, at least spell my name right, lol.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 08:18
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey

That shows that the Democrats are grown-ups doesn't it?

Pity that Trump got diddly-squat from the talks though.
    (But he will claim all sorts ...)
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 08:20

Just saying.
    Please, please, please.
    Look up what "ad hominem " means before using it!
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 06:46
    I thought this praise for Trump was slightly too effusive:

“The streets were overflowing with people adoring our great leader, who is driving complex international politics with supernormal political acumen,”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/15/world/asia/us-trump-north-korea-credible-military-exercises.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

πŸ˜‰

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree