1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 00:522 edits
    In spite of Trump's wild accusations of massive voter fraud in an election that has not happened yet, and GOP dirty tricks regarding district gerrymandering, and severely limiting polling sites, Trump and the GOP are losing this election. His relentless insistence that mail balloting is inherently fraudulent seems to have had an enormous effect on voters — except it has affected Democrats and Republicans in opposite ways. Republicans have listened to Trump and decided not to vote by mail, while Democrats have decided to do exactly what he doesn’t want - vote in large numbers.

Now, at campaign stops and in interviews, Trump has been openly grappling with the prospect of a loss and — like a TV pundit — articulating why exactly he’s behind.

Although more than half of white women voted for Trump in 2016, an ABC News/Washington Post poll released last week showed Biden leading Trump by 28 points among suburban women.

So at a rally in the Rust Belt town of Johnstown, Pa., the president aired conversations about the support he has lost from suburban women and continued his pitch to voters who live outside of places like Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.

“Somebody said, ‘I don’t know if the suburban woman likes you.’ I said, ‘Why?’” Trump told a crowd of supporters Tuesday night. “They said, ‘They may not like the way you talk.’ But I’m about law and order. I’m about having you safe.”

“So can I ask you to do me a favor? Suburban women, will you please like me?” Trump asked. “I saved your damn neighborhood!!”

Sorry Republicans, you're too little, and too late.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/17/trump-losing-polls-429986
  2. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 01:06
    Maybe, maybe not.

I know one thing is true...
    You willingly forgot about the electoral college 😉
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 01:56
    @cheesemaster said
    Maybe, maybe not.

I know one thing is true...
    You willingly forgot about the electoral college 😉
    These guys are predicting Biden 290 Electoral Points, 20 more than needed:

https://www.270towin.com/maps/consensus-2020-electoral-map-forecast
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 03:111 edit
    @mchill said
    In spite of Trump's wild accusations of massive voter fraud in an election that has not happened yet, and GOP dirty tricks regarding district gerrymandering, and severely limiting polling sites, Trump and the GOP are losing this election. His relentless insistence that mail balloting is inherently fraudulent seems to have had an enormous effect on voters — except it has affect ...[text shortened]... 're too little, and too late.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/17/trump-losing-polls-429986
    When did he say there was "massive" voter fraud? I don't recall him saying massive. He also never used the word "widespread" either.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/17/no-voter-fraud-isnt-myth-10-cases-where-its-all-to/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/michigan-democrat-hit-with-six-felony-charges-for-alleged-voter-fraud-scheme
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 03:21
    I had listened to Dr. Steve Turley yesterday talk about how Pres. Trump has something like a 91% chance of reelection. His big talking point was along the lines of seeing defections from GOP voters in record breaking numbers (which would be required) would be very unlikely, and many of these polls that are trying to meme a Biden victory are based off of significant Republican defections. However, Trump did receive above 88% of the primary vote (that's a scary number -- entire threads have been based on this number!) and his base appears to be pretty motivated about going to the polls for him.

Some of these ridiculous leads that were projected for Biden have also been cut -- with polls saying that he was leading by double digits cutting his lead by 7 points.

The polls will start to be closer in the next two weeks but will still probably not be entirely accurate.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 03:35
    @philokalia said
    I had listened to Dr. Steve Turley yesterday talk about how Pres. Trump has something like a 91% chance of reelection. His big talking point was along the lines of seeing defections from GOP voters in record breaking numbers (which would be required) would be very unlikely, and many of these polls that are trying to meme a Biden victory are based off of significant Republ ...[text shortened]... olls will start to be closer in the next two weeks but will still probably not be entirely accurate.
    Trump supporters are more enthusiastic than Biden supporters. Polls measure who people would vote for, but they don't measure who will not bother to vote from lack of enthusiasm.

The only people who will vote for Biden are people that hate Trump enough to vote. That is why Trump might win again. Biden has little to offer the left.
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 03:57
    @metal-brain said
    Trump supporters are more enthusiastic than Biden supporters. Polls measure who people would vote for, but they don't measure who will not bother to vote from lack of enthusiasm.

The only people who will vote for Biden are people that hate Trump enough to vote. That is why Trump might win again. Biden has little to offer the left.
    Don’t you think the prospect of 4 more years of trumpism is enough to motivate democrats to go and vote?
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 04:17
    @metal-brain said
    When did he say there was "massive" voter fraud? I don't recall him saying massive. He also never used the word "widespread" either.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/17/no-voter-fraud-isnt-myth-10-cases-where-its-all-to/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/michigan-democrat-hit-with-six-felony-charges-for-alleged-voter-fraud-scheme
    I did a quick google search and stopped.
    trump leaks tweets and misinformation on such a scale, I can’t be bothered crawlibg through the cesspit. It’s complete madness.

Here are two quotes by him. And although they don’t literally mention massive or widespread... the meaning is the same:

From Twitter (capitals are trumps, not mine):
    "MILLIONS OF MAIL-IN BALLOTS WILL BE PRINTED BY FOREIGN COUNTRIES, AND OTHERS, IT WILL BE THE SCANDAL OF OUR TIMES!"

We need nine [Supreme Court] justices. You need that. With the unsolicited millions of ballots that they’re sending, it’s a scam; it’s a hoax. … Because what they’re doing is a hoax, with the ballots. They’re sending out tens of millions of ballots, unsolicited — not where they’re being asked, but unsolicited. And that’s a hoax, and you’re going to need to have nine justices. – Sept. 22, speaking to reporters on South Lawn of White House
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 11:20
    @shavixmir said
    Don’t you think the prospect of 4 more years of trumpism is enough to motivate democrats to go and vote?
    Not if it is about policy. How is Biden's policy better than Trump's? Admit it, policy has nothing to do with it.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 11:22
    @shavixmir said
    trump leaks tweets and misinformation on such a scale, I can’t be bothered crawlibg through the cesspit. It’s complete madness.

Here are two quotes by him. And although they don’t literally mention massive or widespread... the meaning is the same:

"MILLIONS OF MAIL-IN BALLOTS WILL ...[text shortened]... going to need to have nine justices. – Sept. 22, speaking to reporters on South Lawn of White House
    I received at least 4 mail in ballots I never requested.
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 11:49
    @shavixmir said

"MILLIONS OF MAIL-IN BALLOTS WILL ...[text shortened]... going to need to have nine justices. – Sept. 22, speaking to reporters on South Lawn of White House
    “ And although they don’t literally mention massive or widespread...”

you should have stopped there. anything further loses credence.
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 12:3510 edits
    @athousandyoung said
    These guys are predicting Biden 290 Electoral Points, 20 more than needed:

https://www.270towin.com/maps/consensus-2020-electoral-map-forecast
    That's irrelevant. The electoral college can choose the candidate they want, regardless of how many votes their state gave to someone. It hasn't happened yet in our country's history but if something that fkked up did happen, this would be the year.

This leaves the following possibilities:

1. Trump could receive more votes and win outright
    2. Trump could repeat 2016 and receive less votes but win with electoral votes
    3. Trump could technically lose the electoral college but the EC picks Trump anyway
    4. Trump loses the election, challenges the results in in the Supreme Court and wins, with Trump remaining president because mail-in ballots were discounted
    5. Trump simply refuses to leave

And that's not even counting all the voter suppression from the GOP, conservatives planning to intimidate Democrats at the polls, outright illegal activity like when Republicans were caught planting fake ballot boxes, etc., etc. Remember when G.W. Bush's brother closed polling places early ad governor of Florida and actively interfered to give GW the win? That may repeat as well, since that state has an even more hard-right conserve governor.

A lot of things are in place to give Trump the win.

Bonus scenario:

6. Biden becomes president, but Trump runs again and wins in 2024.
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 12:45
    @metal-brain said
    I received at least 4 mail in ballots I never requested.
    This sounds really not believeable, did you contact the local authorities?
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 12:50
    @ponderable said
    This sounds really not believeable, did you contact the local authorities?
    No, he probably mailed all 4 in for Trump.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 13:26
    @vivify said
    That's irrelevant. The electoral college can choose the candidate they want, regardless of how many votes their state gave to someone. It hasn't happened yet in our country's history but if something that fkked up did happen, this would be the year.

This leaves the following possibilities:

1. Trump could receive more votes and win outright
    2. Trump could repeat 2016 ...[text shortened]... p the win.

Bonus scenario:

6. Biden becomes president, but Trump runs again and wins in 2024.
    You really need to stop dreaming up insane scenarios where Trump retains the Presidency despite losing the election.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree