Did big tech violate the Sherman Act?

Did big tech violate the Sherman Act?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
13 Jan 21

@metal-brain said
What is your source of information?
People interviewed who are quite frank about why they prefer Parler to Facebook and Twitter. Are you pretending that it did not attract and facilitate alt right militia and white suprematist’s?

MB

Moves
15 Jan 21

@kevcvs57 said
People interviewed who are quite frank about why they prefer Parler to Facebook and Twitter. Are you pretending that it did not attract and facilitate alt right militia and white suprematist’s?
Yes. Here is an excerpt from the link below:

"Web Services (AWS) suspended services for the website. Parler then filed a lawsuit against AWS, arguing the Seattle-based tech giant violated its contractual agreement, later adding that a representative sent text messages to Parler CEO John Matze that appeared to suggest AWS only cared about whether President Donald Trump would sign up—rather than violent content.

Parler also asserted that AWS violated the Sherman Antitrust Act in its court filing in Washington state."

https://www.theepochtimes.com/white-house-trade-advisor-amazon-suspension-of-parler-is-chilling_3656940.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-01-14-3

MB

Moves
15 Jan 21

After the 20th I will delete my facebook account and others plan to do the same. They will feel the hurt even worse after Biden is in office.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/twitter-facebook-51-billion-combined-market-value-erased-since-trump-ban_3656442.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-01-14-2

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Jan 21

@metal-brain said
After the 20th I will delete my facebook account and others plan to do the same. They will feel the hurt even worse after Biden is in office.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/twitter-facebook-51-billion-combined-market-value-erased-since-trump-ban_3656442.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-01-14-2
Why January 20th?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
15 Jan 21

@metal-brain said
Yes. Here is an excerpt from the link below:

"Web Services (AWS) suspended services for the website. Parler then filed a lawsuit against AWS, arguing the Seattle-based tech giant violated its contractual agreement, later adding that a representative sent text messages to Parler CEO John Matze that appeared to suggest AWS only cared about whether President Donald Trump ...[text shortened]... rler-is-chilling_3656940.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-01-14-3
If only the assertions of bent lawyers were facts you might have something here.

Moves
15 Jan 21

@metal-brain said

Ooooh... I bet Bezos is quaking in his boots...

Get real. Those guys have made billions off Trump and Corona. They don't care how much they lose from a few snowflakes jumping ship to a Tor browser they don't even know how to use safely. They don't need to.

MB

Moves
16 Jan 21

@no1marauder said
Why January 20th?
inauguration day

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jan 21

@metal-brain said
inauguration day
I know it is inauguration day.

Why would you pick that day to delete your FB account?

MB

Moves
16 Jan 21

@no1marauder said
I know it is inauguration day.

Why would you pick that day to delete your FB account?
I don't want to miss anything that might happen. Even the most peaceful demonstration could turn into a bloodbath because security people there will be on edge and have itchy trigger fingers. Even the slightest misunderstanding could spiral out of control.

I would recommend people not go there at all to demonstrate. The establishment has wasted enough money providing over the top security. It is always better to be patient and pick battles they don't expect.