Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56339
    23 Dec '16 10:42
  2. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    23 Dec '16 14:51
    Originally posted by shavixmir
  3. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    55420
    23 Dec '16 14:51
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Yes they did.
  4. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    23 Dec '16 14:55
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Yes they did.
    Maybe. They found some bones but they only speculate what they were.
  5. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    12727
    23 Dec '16 14:57
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Yes, but then they fell off the edge of the world (where the air density is lowest or something).

    It's science.
  6. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    23 Dec '16 15:12
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Maybe. They found some bones but they only speculate what they were.
    They were the creatures that had those bones. That is hardly speculation. Unless you think they weren't really bones, but your post suggests you accept that much.
    I have seen some posters claim that God made the earth with the bones in the soil and the creatures never realy existed. Is that what you are saying? Otherwise I fail to see how you can say 'maybe'.
  7. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    23 Dec '16 15:14
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Did dinosaurs ever exist?
    If they didn't then what are dinosaurs again and how did you hear about them?
  8. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    23 Dec '16 15:51
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    They were the creatures that had those bones. That is hardly speculation. Unless you think they weren't really bones, but your post suggests you accept that much.
    I have seen some posters claim that God made the earth with the bones in the soil and the creatures never realy existed. Is that what you are saying? Otherwise I fail to see how you can say 'maybe'.
    My comments were very simple. They found bones. Then they speculate what kind of creatures, beings they were.
  9. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56339
    23 Dec '16 15:55
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    My comments were very simple. They found bones. Then they speculate what kind of creatures, beings they were.
    Come on, you know you want to say it...
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    23 Dec '16 16:00
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Yes, but then they fell off the edge of the world (where the air density is lowest or something).

    It's science.
    More right wing lies!

    They fell off the earth due to high air density.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    23 Dec '16 16:001 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Come on, you know you want to say it...
    You're an idiot?
  12. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    23 Dec '16 16:021 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    My comments were very simple. They found bones. Then they speculate what kind of creatures, beings they were.
    Have you seen the bones? There really isn't that much speculation needed. Sure they speculate about what colour their skin might have been and probably get it wrong, but how big they were is hardly speculation given the size of the bones. I would be curious as to what else about them you think scientists just 'speculated'. Perhaps you think that despite its big teeth, it is just speculation that Tyrannosaurus Rex was a carnivore?

    Your comments were simple, I agree, but they were not clear.


    'Dinosoars' is the general name of the creatures whatever they were, so one can hardly say 'maybe' they existed. Clearly they did exist.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    23 Dec '16 16:25
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Have you seen the bones? There really isn't that much speculation needed. Sure they speculate about what colour their skin might have been and probably get it wrong, but how big they were is hardly speculation given the size of the bones. I would be curious as to what else about them you think scientists just 'speculated'. Perhaps you think that despite i ...[text shortened]... reatures whatever they were, so one can hardly say 'maybe' they existed. Clearly they did exist.
    Clearly the bones are around. That much we can directly observe.

    The rest is speculation which may or may not be true.
  14. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    23 Dec '16 16:32
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Clearly the bones are around. That much we can directly observe.

    The rest is speculation which may or may not be true.
    I think the bones were placed there by a prankster deity who otherwise has left not a single trace of its presence, and left the evidence there entirely consistent with dinosaurs existing millions of years ago with mountains of corroborating evidence... because, like, reasons and stuff.
  15. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56339
    23 Dec '16 16:34
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Clearly the bones are around. That much we can directly observe.

    The rest is speculation which may or may not be true.
    You know you want to say it... go on: "Dinosaurs never ex..."

    Say it! Come on, make my day!
Back to Top