1. Germany
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 16:32
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Clearly the bones are around. That much we can directly observe.

The rest is speculation which may or may not be true.
    I think the bones were placed there by a prankster deity who otherwise has left not a single trace of its presence, and left the evidence there entirely consistent with dinosaurs existing millions of years ago with mountains of corroborating evidence... because, like, reasons and stuff.
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 16:34

You know you want to say it... go on: "Dinosaurs never ex..."

Say it! Come on, make my day!
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 16:37
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    You know you want to say it... go on: "Dinosaurs never ex..."

Say it! Come on, make my day!
    Why would I deny the Bible? Of course some gusnt creatures existed. It is there for anyone to believe.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 17:02

Actually I am not certain I have personally ever seen a dinosaur bone.

So are you saying that perhaps they might not actually be the bones of creatures that once existed? If so, why did you call them bones and not 'bone shaped rocks'? Surely you are merely speculating that they are bones?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 17:16
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Actually I am not certain I have personally ever seen a dinosaur bone.

So are you saying that perhaps they might not actually be the bones of creatures that once existed? If so, why did you call them bones and not 'bone shaped rocks'? Surely you are merely speculating that they are bones?
    I have already explained this one to you. It is posdible for God to have created the world with the bones in place to allow people like you believe a lie.

Not likely but possible. Any belief about something that can't be directly tested repeatedly is simply a belief, faith if you will.
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 17:19
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Did dinosaurs ever exist?
    The folks who wrote the Bible didn't know about dinosaurs. They were long gone by that time.

But the Bible authors did know about people, and had no trouble imagining Adam and Eve.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 17:44
    I have already explained this one to you. It is posdible for God to have created the world with the bones in place to allow people like you believe a lie.

Not likely but possible. Any belief about something that can't be directly tested repeatedly is simply a belief, faith if you will.
    Is it possible for God to have created a flat Earth that is every way looks like it's (approximately) spherical? Yes - but what is the point of such a hypothesis? If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we may as well assume that the world is how it looks like even if we can't disprove the prankster God hypothesis.
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 17:50
    Why would I deny the Bible? Of course some gusnt creatures existed. It is there for anyone to believe.
    Oh stop teasing me!!!
    Trump doesn't! He makes me orgasm with every half-baked tweet twice daily...

Go on! You know the truth... bibles, dino's & left-wing conspiracies.

Tell us!!!

Did dinosaurs, according to you, ever exist?

Giant flying lizards? T-rex... they generally can't get the head to stick to the neck it's so heavy...

Come on... give it to us!!!

Make my day!!!
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 17:55
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    The folks who wrote the Bible didn't know about dinosaurs. They were long gone by that time.

But the Bible authors did know about people, and had no trouble imagining Adam and Eve.
    This sounds like the wrong forum, but I didn't start it.
    The bible says there was chaos in the world shortly after creation. Since God is not the author of chaos, it simply says it became that way.
    One theory among Christians is that Lucifer tampered with genetics and made huge creatures of some kind.
    By the time man came into the picture they were mostly extinct already. There is mention of some large creatures in the O.T.
    This is theology but makes more sense than evolution, because it started with something instead of nothing.
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 17:571 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    The bible says there was chaos in the world shortly after creation. Since God is not the author of chaos, it simply says it became that way.
    One theory among Christians is that Lucifer tampered with genetics and made huge creatures of some kind.
    By the time man came into the picture they were mo ...[text shortened]... ology but makes more sense than evolution, because it started with something instead of nothing.
    Comedy Gold.

It's 'cracka-jack' lunacy like this which keeps me coming back to these forums.
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 18:06
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    By the time man came into the picture they were mo ...[text shortened]... ology but makes more sense than evolution, because it started with something instead of nothing.
    What? Are you saying dinosaurs did exist???

Noooooooooo!

Luckily you redeemed yourself with Satanic genetic manipulation!

Bit of a pity you seem to be referring to Isaiah (only mention of Lucifer in the old testament so far as I remember) in which Lucifer is actually an oppressive king (Nebezeha or something... Babylonian dude with a bad hair-do) and absolutely no mention of genetics.

But hey... at least it's madness!
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 18:141 edit
    /popcorn

Before Trump came along, I never thought there could be so much stupid all in one place. But now that he's on the verge of becoming 'a thing', you can't swing a dead cat anymore in America without hitting another big ball of stupid.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 18:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    /popcorn

Before Trump came along, I never thought there could be so much stupid all in one place. But now that he's on the verge of becoming 'a thing', you can't swing a dead cat anymore in America without hitting another big ball of stupid.
    Watch out for fissures...😛
  14. Joined
    03 Dec '12
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 18:39
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Have you seen the bones?
    https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder293/250x250/48642293.jpg
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 18:39
    I have already explained this one to you.
    If I recall correctly you kept dodging questions about it as well as changing your stance.

It is posdible for God to have created the world with the bones in place to allow people like you believe a lie.
    But you do still call them bones. Why? Surely that is an unwarranted assumption?

Actually even a belief that can be directly tested repeatedly is only belief or faith supported by probability only. The more you test something the more probable that you are correct. The 'likelihood' argument works just as well for dinosaur bones as it does for anything else. They are not in different categories. Every time you jump up and down God might be pulling you back down to earth just to fool you that gravity exists. Not likely, but possible.
    Every time you look at the sun, God might be making photons in the sky and sending them your way and there really is no such thing as the sun. Not likely but possible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree