1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 04:54
    And this is acceptable how?

Besides being extremely stupid (you don’t complain about the chef until after being served), surely this is just bang on crazy behaviour???
    How can this man still wondering the streets?

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/apr/01/trump-gag-order-expanded-after-attacks-on-new-york-judges-daughter
  2. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 05:235 edits
    @shavixmir said

Besides being extremely stupid (you don’t complain about the chef until after being served), surely this is just bang on crazy behaviour???

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/apr/01/trump-gag-order-expanded-after-attacks-on-new-york-judges-daughter

I often wonder that myself, but we have a thing in America called "rich man's justice." Wealthy people can afford to hire lawyers that exploit the system by filing endless motions, slowing the legal process to a crawl, when finally convicted they're normally sentenced at the extreme low end of sentencing guidelines, normally servicing time in minimum security prisons, complete with very little violent crime, tennis courts, well stocked libraries, few or no fences, and lavish off site work details, often involving little more than clerical work at wealthy estates.

The same holds true in other areas. Back in the 1960's the Federal Government had plans for a stretch of interstate 90 to go through a wealthy community east of Seattle called Mercer Island. The citizens tied this project up in court for over 30 years, wedging concessions from the government such as tunneling under rather than paving over their land (the rich didn't want to noise to affect property values) lavish landscaping, jogging and bike paths, antennas built into the concrete so drivers and passengers would not have their cell phone communication and internet interrupted. After many years, this is still referred to as Interstate 90's "golden mile."

This is NOT how the framers of our Constitution envisioned things I'm sure, but this is where we are today. 😕
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 07:581 edit
    @mchill said

I often wonder that myself, but we have a thing in America called "rich man's justice." Wealthy people can afford to hire lawyers that exploit the system by filing endless motions, slowing the legal process to a crawl, when finally convicted they're normally sentenced at the extreme low end of sentencing guidelines, normally ser ...[text shortened]... how the framers of our Constitution envisioned things I'm sure, but this is where we are today. 😕
    If any other scumbag gangster was doing what trump is doing in terms of intimidating witnesses and justice system employees and their families they’d be in jail a long time ago
    The US literally has no gonads when it comes to domestic terrorism and that’s why it will, and probably should, fall.
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 08:01
    @kevcvs57 said
    If any other scumbag gangster was doing what trump is doing in terms of intimidating witnesses and justice system employees and their families they’d be in jail a long time ago
    The US literally has no gonads when it comes to domestic terrorism and that’s why it will, and probably should, fall.
    The US has turned into a dictator-wannabee state built on trailer trash incels and their muddled perceptions of reality.

I’ve watched Monty Python sketches on LSD that were more founded in reality than the maga-BS-pushers.
  5. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 08:041 edit
    @mchill

Very true but I think Trump will run to some other country before being sent to some comfortable prison. Another benefit of rich man's justice.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 11:591 edit
    @shavixmir said

Trump outed a liberal democrat activist whose father happens to be a judge over a case against Trump

there…fixed it for you
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 12:00
    @fartacus said
    @mchill

Very true but I think Trump will run to some other country before being sent to some comfortable prison. Another benefit of rich man's justice.
    for what crime?
  8. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 12:17
    @mott-the-hoople said
    for what crime?
    Whatever the left makes up. If the government wants you locked up, they'll find a way.
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 14:45
    @shavixmir said
    The US has turned into a dictator-wannabee state built on trailer trash incels and their muddled perceptions of reality.

I’ve watched Monty Python sketches on LSD that were more founded in reality than the maga-BS-pushers.
    I can’t even watch ‘liberal’ media from the US, the crap they let trump off with its like the whole country is sleepwalking into a dystopian dictatorship with a gossamer thin ego at the helm
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 19:531 edit
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    Oh, he is going to do that for all 90+ charges? Good luck with that.
    He already has a pet judge in his back pocket, judge Cannon, his PERSONAL cannon, now issuing instructions to prospective Jurors Trump might be able to invoke the presidential act about docs. I hope that rightwing bitch gets thrown out, she has tipped the scale for that fascist orange anti Christ from day one. And OF COURSE you fully approve, get your orange religious leader off by any means, moral, legal or otherwise, who cares if Cannon is corrupt.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 13:11
    @Fartacus
    If he is convicted of the coming hush money trial he will lose his passport BESIDES the possibility of prison time.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 13:12
    @sonhouse said
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    Oh, he is going to do that for all 90+ charges? Good luck with that.
    He already has a pet judge in his back pocket, judge Cannon, his PERSONAL cannon, now issuing instructions to prospective Jurors Trump might be able to invoke the presidential act about docs. I hope that rightwing bitch gets thrown out, she has tipped the scale for that fascist orange ant ...[text shortened]... orange religious leader off by any means, moral, legal or otherwise, who cares if Cannon is corrupt.
    I notice no answer to THAT post. Truth hurts doesn't it.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 13:16
    @kevcvs57
    The problem is X45 still has plenty of political power and will use every conviction to prove he is a martyr and it is the COURTS who are corrupt NEVER X45 himself. Like it or not, he is NOT like an ordinary mob boss. Which is not me saying I condone his crimes. I HATE the SOB for what he has done to the US and severely hope he ends up in prison for the rest of his life. The only thing I feel sorry about in that regard is the poor slobs who have to protect this assswipe when he is in prison. He gets guards for the rest of his life regardless of convictions.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 13:18
    @mott-the-hoople said
    Trump outed a liberal democrat activist whose father happens to be a judge over a case against Trump

there…fixed it for you
    You fixed nothing, you obnoxious piece of cum stained, right-wingtard comic stuck to the bleeding arse of your mother.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 21:18
    @shavixmir
    Well other than that he is a nice guy, I think.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree