1. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 16:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    So staunch opponents of abortion rights claim.
    And any rational minded person.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 16:40
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    And any rational minded person.
    I'm sure your opinions on abortion are sincerely felt.
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 16:491 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'm sure your opinions on abortion are sincerely felt.
    I don't like it but other opinions on the matter do not indicate irrationality.Staunch opponents are merely a subset of rational minded people. I put the link up because there is more going on than just advocating abortion rights. This article is old but gives a little insight to policy of this administration.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 16:54
    I put the link up because there is more going on than just advocating abortion rights.
    Steve Six is an advocate of abortion rights. As you say, you think there is more going on than just advocating abortion rights.
  5. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 17:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    Steve Six is an advocate of abortion rights. As you say, you think there is more going on than just advocating abortion rights.
    His actions would indicate so. Yes
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 17:05
    His actions would indicate so. Yes
    I have accepted that this is what you believe which makes you repeating yourself to me rather unnecessary.
  7. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 17:281 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have accepted that this is what you believe which makes you repeating yourself to me rather unnecessary.
    I just wanted to add the little bit about actions, and why i thought so. I don't think there is any harm done there. There is a difference between being an advocate for rights and an advocate for planned parenthood. That would be better suited for another thread sometime.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 17:29
    I just wanted to add the little bit about actions, and why i thought so. I don't think there is any harm done there. There is a difference between being an advocate for rights and an advocate for planned parenthood. That would be better suited for another thread sometime.
    Well I read the article at the link you gave. I'm not sure what more you want me to do.
  9. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 17:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well I read the article at the link you gave. I'm not sure what more you want me to do.
    Drop down and give me 50 pushups I guess 🙂
  10. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 18:001 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    A personhood amendment does not necessarily mean that birth control or IVF will be outlawed.

I'll make you a deal: You show me that Romney actively supports the banning of IVF and birth control, and I won't vote for him.
    I think you would agree that at least the morning-after pill would be a homicide under the personhood amendment. And that Romney has never stated an exception for the morning-after pill in his support of his personhood amendment.

Also, the personhood amendment which Romney signed off on has no exceptions for rape or incest. Thus, whatever Romney might say now due to politics, you never know what his stance will be with regard to exceptions for rape or incest. He has clearly shown where politically expedient to appease the far-right.
  11. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 18:043 edits
    Originally posted by sh76
    While I do think that "war on children" is a bit hysterical, it is probably less hysterical than those claiming the GOP is waging a "war on women."
    It is interesting how Republicans do not acknowledge or accept responsibility for the actions of the far-right including the religious fundamentalists who now control their party.

The GOP war on women is clear, and it is not just an anti-abortion issue. For example, they have fought against equal pay legislation every step of the way. Another non-abortion issue is imposing their religion on birth control. We are not a theocracy.

As for the abortion issue, it is legal at least in the first trimester, and the Republicans have pushed forced sonogram laws (e.g., enacted here in Texas where I live) that mandate a woman must receive a sonogram even if her doctor says it is unnecessary. Talk about big government becoming involved between patient and doctor.

Lastly, the Republican attacks and defunding of Planned Parenthood is an assault on women across the country who use PP for well-women exams and affordable reliable birth control. I do not what my wife would have done without PP when we were married and dirt poor in college. It wasn't free but was affordable for her well-woman exams and birth control. PP was a godsend. And since that use of PP and since graduating from college, we have paid massive $ in taxes in our professional jobs for 25 years.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree