1. cube# 6484
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 17:20
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    have you ever watched o'reilly?

as far as Im aware, o'reilly is the most balanced person on fox news.
    No, they don't watch Oreilly. The believe what they read and hear from other left wingers. Olbermann is a clown and the reason his ratings SUCK is that he is so biased, like Hannity. Oreilly isn't and that is why he's got the best ratings.
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 17:22
    well, at least he tries to be balanced, unlike hannity and beck.
    O'Reilly is not balanced. He's clearly right wing. However, he's not a party shill either. He'll break with Republicans when he feels it correct to do so. Reducing carbon emissions is one example where his position is quite "liberal."

I don't mind O'Reilly that much although I don't take any of these talking heads too seriously. I judge them on entertainment and informative value, not on what their opinions are. I couldn't care less what their opinions are. Still, I can understand how his sanctimonious self-serious style could get people annoyed.

The best thing I can say about O'Reilly is that he gets under Olberman's skin virtually every night, which is a big plus in my book, for entertainment value, if nothing else.
  3. At the Revolution
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 23:34
    Originally posted by bill718
    Yes...it is. But also a little sad. One would think in our information age the extremists would learn that there views will never fly with the majority of voters. Oh well, life goes on. 😏
    Just because the majority supports something doesn't mean it's right.
  4. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 02:10
    have you ever watched o'reilly?

as far as Im aware, o'reilly is the most balanced person on fox news.
    You're kidding, right?

I get up for work really early and MSNBC has a show called Mornng Joe. Pretty good, balanced discussions on that show.

The best of the bunch is Fareed Zacahria's Sunday Mornng show on CNN. He invites true experts in the field, actual scholers. The topics are well discussed and I learn a lot...I don't learn much of anything from the rest of the bunch of talker shows.

The News Hour with Jim Leher is another top notch show.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 02:23
    Ok kids, now lets list the people who are "fair" and "balanced". LOL
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 02:24
    Originally posted by badmoon
    You're kidding, right?

I get up for work really early and MSNBC has a show called Mornng Joe. Pretty good, balanced discussions on that show.

The best of the bunch is Fareed Zacahria's Sunday Mornng show on CNN. He invites true experts in the field, actual scholers. The topics are well discussed and I learn a lot...I don't learn much of anything fr ...[text shortened]... rest of the bunch of talker shows.

The News Hour with Jim Leher is another top notch show.
    I suggest you have a look at Al Jazeira English. It bends over backwards to be thorough and as objective as possible. Let's people talk and doesn't rely so heavily on soundbites.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 02:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    I suggest you have a look at Al Jazeira English. It bends over backwards to be thorough and as objective as possible. Let's people talk and doesn't rely so heavily on soundbites.
    Ok, so there is one vote for Al Jazeria English as being the lone objective voice on the planet. Any others?
  8. Joined
    15 Jul '09
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 03:05
    Originally posted by bill718
    If you want to form an objective opinion of anything political in America, I would recommend against listening to the right or left wing talking heads on TV. i.e.

Bill O'Rielly
    Glenn Beck.....Right Wing

Keith Oberman
    Rachel Maddow...Left wing

Despite what these 4 people tell you, this is NOT fair and balanced reporting. These people are paid to pu ...[text shortened]... letting a group of talking heads on TV make up your mind for you regarding who to vote for. 😏
    No, the talking heads have the same interests at heart no matter how they come off. They want you to think leftists and right wingers are polar opposites when in reality they just dont want anyone from a third party messing up the status quo
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 05:49
    Originally posted by whodey
    Ok, so there is one vote for Al Jazeria English as being the lone objective voice on the planet. Any others?
    Actually, as far as I know, Al Jazeira English's rating are pretty high - with a lot of refugees - perhaps more discerning, educated viewers - from U.S. networks and shallow corporate BBC, depending upon its inclusion in satellite packages etc. But I said nothing about it being "the lone objective voice on the planet". Presumably, whodey, you haven't watched it.
  10. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 06:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    Actually, as far as I know, Al Jazeira English's rating are pretty high - with a lot of refugees - perhaps more discerning, educated viewers - from U.S. networks and shallow corporate BBC, depending upon its inclusion in satellite packages etc. But I said nothing about it being "the lone objective voice on the planet". Presumably, whodey, you haven't watched it.
    Al Jazeera is certainly good to include in one's sources of news.
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 12:05
    Okay

I'm done.

Next question.
  12. At the Revolution
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 13:48
    Make that two for AJI, or, in English, AJE.
  13. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 15:38
    PBS Jim Lehrer News Hour
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 15:39
    Originally posted by kmax87
    PBS Jim Lehrer News Hour
    If we're counting dead people, then I'd nominate Tim Russert.
  15. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 15:40
    Originally posted by sh76
    O'Reilly is not balanced.
    Well it is all relative. I mean if you watching something thats fallen off a right wing cliff (Fox n Fiends) then someone hanging on to the edge grasping at straws might seem incredibly well balanced.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree