1. At the Revolution
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 17:51
    Originally posted by sh76
    If we're counting dead people, then I'd nominate Tim Russert.
    Lehrer's not dead yet.
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 18:04
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Lehrer's not dead yet.
    Right.

I could have sworn I said I'd nominate Tim Russert if we're counting dead people.
  3. Joined
    15 Jul '09
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 18:41
    Right.

I could have sworn I said I'd nominate [b]Tim Russert
    if we're counting dead people.[/b]
    but saying "if we're counting dead people" in response to the nomination of lehrer, made it seem as though you thought lehrer was dead
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 18:47
    Originally posted by voltaire
    but saying "if we're counting dead people" in response to the nomination of lehrer, made it seem as though you thought lehrer was dead
    Okay; fair enough. Let me rephrase:

If we were to include dead people in this discussion, then I'd nominate Tim Russert,
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 20:23
    Originally posted by bill718
    If you want to form an objective opinion of anything political in America, I would recommend against listening to the right or left wing talking heads on TV. i.e.

Bill O'Rielly
    Glenn Beck.....Right Wing

Keith Oberman
    Rachel Maddow...Left wing

Despite what these 4 people tell you, this is NOT fair and balanced reporting. These people are paid to pu ...[text shortened]... letting a group of talking heads on TV make up your mind for you regarding who to vote for. 😏
    Your assessment is not quite accurate. O'Rielly and Beck are ultra-right wing freaks. Olberman and Maddow are centrists. There is no left wing in American media.
  6. At the Revolution
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 14:21
    Can't believe Cronkite died.
  7. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 14:36
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Your assessment is not quite accurate. O'Rielly and Beck are ultra-right wing freaks. Olberman and Maddow are centrists. There is no left wing in American media.
    not so
  8. Joined
    15 Jul '09
    Moves
    23 Jul '09 18:04
    Okay; fair enough. Let me rephrase:

If we were to include dead people in this discussion, then I'd nominate Tim Russert,
    that's fine as long as you dont quote "I nominate Jim Lehrer" when you make that statement
  9. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 02:29
    Which is to say there is no left wing in mainstream American media. Those of progressive persuasion do not consider Olberman and Maddow to be more than a bit left of center. We look for our leftist information elsewhere.
  10. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 03:04
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Can't believe Cronkite died.
    Wha ? did you really think he was a god? Do not cry for old lying azz Cronkie. He will live on in the sewers of Hue, the bunkers of Ke Sanh and the gutters of Saigon for his endless lying commentary night after night after night after night after night and even night after night with his covering of the Tet offensive. If he could only die twice. How i would love to watch him take his last lying breathe. GOOD NIGHT FUNNY MAN !

GRANNY.
  11. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 05:49
    Originally posted by smw6869
    Wha ? did you really think he was a god? Do not cry for old lying azz Cronkie. He will live on in the sewers of Hue, the bunkers of Ke Sanh and the gutters of Saigon for his endless lying commentary night after night after night after night after night and even night after night with his covering of the Tet offensive. If he could only die twice. How i would love to watch him take his last lying breathe. GOOD NIGHT FUNNY MAN !

GRANNY.
    I was pretty sure that apart from Mother Theresa, the only person in the world no one could possibly have a beef with would have been Walter Cronkite "the most trusted man in America".

Guess I was wrong.

Tet is still a burr under your saddle, isn't it? We lost -- get over it.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 10:373 edits
    The difference between the left and right talking heads is that O'Rielly and company have great ratings as where Olberman and company have next to none. In fact, I think this is what prompted this thread.
    All conservatives have as a voice are these talking heads since no one in Washington represents them any longer. Now all that is left is to take away their voice. I just wonder if the left has given up on this goal by shoving the fairness doctrine down our throats so as to censor wha tthey say and take away that voice. I heard several liberal senators talk about it right after the election, but with all the other junk they are trying to ram down our throats perhaps they simply don't have the time right now. I suppose after they take away our choice for health care and then take away our choices for energy consumption they will then take away our choices for listening to dissenting voices regarding government. I believe this type of government is known as a soft tyranny. As far as the Constitution and freedom of speech, no worrier there. After all, they are lawyers and I am sure they can dance circles around that issue so they can pass this dribble.
  13. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 16:17
    Originally posted by spruce112358
    I was pretty sure that apart from Mother Theresa, the only person in the world no one could possibly have a beef with would have been Walter Cronkite "the most trusted man in America".

Guess I was wrong.

Tet is still a burr under your saddle, isn't it? We lost -- get over it.
    FACT: Tet was an overwhelming victory for the US military unless you were brain washed by the dead lying azz Cronkie himself. Cronkie....the most leftist, self appointed talking head god of the '60's. Since he left his pulpit he has worked his little lying azz off for the formation of a one world gov't even before it was fashionable. I have been eating asparagus and saving my urine in a 55 gal barrel for the past 30 yrs to be dumped on fonda's grave, but i think i shall use half of it on Cronkie. May the worms of paradise have an F feast on Cronkie's bung hole.

GRANNY.
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 17:45
    I have been eating asparagus and saving my urine in a 55 gal barrel for the past 30 yrs to be dumped on fonda's grave, but i think i shall use half of it on Cronkie. May the worms of paradise have an F feast on Cronkie's bung hole.

GRANNY.
    Please. Don't mince words like that. Tell us how you really feel.
  15. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 21:05
    FACT: Tet was an overwhelming victory for the US military unless you were brain washed by the dead lying azz Cronkie himself. Cronkie....the most leftist, self appointed talking head god of the '60's. Since he left his pulpit he has worked his little lying azz off for the formation of a one world gov't even before it was fashionable. I have been eating asp ...[text shortened]... n Cronkie. May the worms of paradise have an F feast on Cronkie's bung hole.

GRANNY.
    A one world gov't is one more than we optimally need, but I think he was on the right track.

Save some of your urine for my ashes, self professed old lady.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree