1. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 21:54
    Originally posted by whodey
    The difference between the left and right talking heads is that O'Rielly and company have great ratings as where Olberman and company have next to none. In fact, I think this is what prompted this thread.
    All conservatives have as a voice are these talking heads since no one in Washington represents them any longer. Now all that is left is to take away t ...[text shortened]... lawyers and I am sure they can dance circles around that issue so they can pass this dribble.
    No one is going to reimpose the "Fairness Doctrine"

One of the big problems with it are that it somehow assumes that every issue has only two sides. As the threads here at RHP show, most issues have a large number of sides. It would be impossible for any network to give airtime to all the possible opinions let alone divide it up equally.

The doctrine made some sense when there were very few media outlets and you didn't want a situation where people could only get one view. But in today's cable and internet age, we now have many outlets, expressing every imaginable angle.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree