1. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 22:11
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The transcripts show law enforcement officers poured in and deputies were told not to fire unless they saw Dorner.
    You would think the transcripts would say that Dorner was firing at law enforcement during that two hour window, if your assertion that he was taking potshots is true of course.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 22:15
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    You would think the transcripts would say that Dorner was firing at law enforcement during that two hour window, if your assertion that he was taking potshots is true of course.
    That's already been reported. I haven't seen the actual transcripts nor anything in the news reports contradicting the previous information. If you have, please share.
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 22:16
    This has been covered ad nausem. There was a single gunshot heard AFTER the sheriffs fired the tear gas into the cabin and the cabin caught fire. There was no intent to burn the cabin down though it was deemed an acceptable risk given the dangerousness of the subject and the possibility of escape after darkness in a heavily wooded area where he ha ...[text shortened]... n reasonable under the circumstances; if kin of Dorner feel differently they may file a lawsuit.
    I agree that it has been covered ad nausem, but you are the one indicating a lack of faith rather than a disagreement on the facts.
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 22:18
    You're always sure of a lot of things that wind up being untrue. But:

The transcripts show law enforcement officers poured in and deputies were told not to fire unless they saw Dorner.
    One thing is sure, Tamerlan wasn't in the boat.
  5. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 22:19
    That's already been reported. I haven't seen the actual transcripts nor anything in the news reports contradicting the previous information. If you have, please share.
    http://blog.pe.com/crime-blotter/2013/04/19/dorner-manhunt-sheriff-releases-dispatch-records-of-standoff/
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 22:21
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I agree that it has been covered ad nausem, but you are the one indicating a lack of faith rather than a disagreement on the facts.
    A "disagreement on the facts" should be based on more than "I don't trust the guvamint". The sheriffs at the scene reported that Dorner was shooting whenever a target presented itself. The latest article says he was tossing smoke grenades as the walls were being torn down. At some point, disregarding facts without presenting any evidence that they are not true is bad faith. IMO, you and MMM crossed that line and remained across long ago regarding the Dorner incident.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 22:21

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 22:22
    Originally posted by normbenign
    One thing is sure, Tamerlan wasn't in the boat.
    (Shrug) That is true. I thought the OP was comparing the treatment of the person captured to Dorner. My mistake.
  9. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 22:23
    IMO, you and MMM crossed that line and remained across long ago regarding the Dorner incident.
    Because we disagree with you? You haven't even read the sheriff transcript yet and you are calling us liars. Adorable... XD
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 22:26
    Because we disagree with you? You haven't even read the sheriff transcript yet and you are calling us liars. Adorable... XD
    It's a standard technique to selectively quote from another's post when you don't feel you can refute the whole argument presented.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 22:37
    At 15:25:41 INFO it is stated the "subj inside can see out" referring to the basement.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 22:40
    16:07 to 16:09 there are multiple reports of "subj deploying smoke". This refutes MMM's hypothesis that Dorner was incapacitated.
  13. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 22:42
    It's a standard technique to selectively quote from another's post when you don't feel you can refute the whole argument presented.
    Alright, let's see what there is to respond to Mr. No1.

A "disagreement on the facts" should be based on more than "I don't trust the guvamint". The sheriffs at the scene reported that Dorner was shooting whenever a target presented itself. The latest article says he was tossing smoke grenades as the walls were being torn down. At some point, disregarding facts without presenting any evidence that they are not true is bad faith. IMO, you and MMM crossed that line and remained across long ago regarding the Dorner incident.

A "disagreement on the facts" should be based on more than "I don't trust the guvamint".

Complete nonsense, nothing to respond to here.

The sheriffs at the scene reported that Dorner was shooting whenever a target presented itself.

As the transcript shows, this standoff took place over several hours. Thus, the sheriff could have been talking about the beginning of the standoff when Dorner was engaging the Fish & Game and the other arriving units. I haven't seen anything that Dorner was shooting at people prior to when the burners were deployed. The transcript suggests that there wasn't an exchange of gunfire for about 2 hours.

The latest article says he was tossing smoke grenades as the walls were being torn down.

So?

At some point, disregarding facts without presenting any evidence that they are not true is bad faith.

Again, more nonsense. I have provided links to transcripts, video of the shootout, audio from the police scanners, video from the press conferences, etc. Your "facts" are loose interpretations of news articles.

There, satisfied?
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 22:44
    16:07 to 16:09 there are multiple reports of "subj deploying smoke". This refutes MMM's hypothesis that Dorner was incapacitated.
    Don't you think we beat that dead horse months ago. Let's stick to the current thread.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 22:45
    Alright, let's see what there is to respond to Mr. No1.

[quote]A "disagreement on the facts" should be based on more than "I don't trust the guvamint". The sheriffs at the scene reported that Dorner was shooting whenever a target presented itself. The latest article says he was tossing smoke grenades as the walls were being torn down. At some point, ...[text shortened]... c. Your "facts" are loose interpretations of news articles.

There, satisfied?
    "So?" Your whole theory was that this dangerous, murderous felon was completely incapacitated and that therefore the force used against him was wholly unjustified. But someone who can toss a smoke grenade can also shoot a gun. So this FACT demolishes the main point of your pathetic argument.

That's "So!".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree