1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 14:04
    We had a baby girl almost 2 weeks ago, which is the reason for my rather weak posting performance that I'm suuuure everyone noticed since that time.

I thought it was odd that she was born sitting on the fence, but the doctors assure me that such is normal to babies born of wishy washy moderates.
  2. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 14:53
    Originally posted by sh76
    We had a baby girl almost 2 weeks ago, which is the reason for my rather weak posting performance that I'm suuuure everyone noticed since that time.

I thought it was odd that she was born sitting on the fence, but the doctors assure me that such is normal to babies born of wishy washy moderates.
    que?... would you like to run that one by us again counselor? ...'sitting on the fence..' whaaat?.......she's a goirl, she's not a goirl....whaaat?...
  3. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 15:21

Congrats sh76!! With you as her dad I'm sure she'll turn out all right, moderate or not.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 15:50
    Your "rather weak posting performance" stretches back years, my dear chap. But you deserve full credit on the procreation front - even if, as you rather disconcertingly revealed with your thread title - dust had managed to settle on your phallus. Congratulations!
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 16:06
    Does she cry like a republican and laugh like a democrat?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 16:26
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Does she cry like a republican and laugh like a democrat?
    I think, even in moderate republican homes, new infants go with Nader till their fontanelle closes.
  7. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 16:281 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think, even in moderate republican homes, new infants go with Nader till their fontanelle closes.
    And those whose fontanelles never close turn into Paul Bots.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 16:39
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Congrats sh76!! With you as her dad I'm sure she'll turn out all right, moderate or not.
    Thank you 🙂
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 16:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your "rather weak posting performance" stretches back years, my dear chap. But you deserve full credit on the procreation front - even if, as you rather disconcertingly revealed with your thread title - dust had managed to settle on your phallus. Congratulations!
    Oy vey.

And here my thread title was partially an attempt to preempt what I was sure would be this kind of line from the great FMF... but, as expected, he finds a way to one-up me in that department.

😉
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 16:57
    Oy vey.

And here my thread title was partially an attempt to preempt what I was sure would be this kind of line from the great FMF... but, as expected, he finds a way to one-up me in that department.

😉
    I was going to say something nasty as well. But I didn't. 😕
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 18:18
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I was going to say something nasty as well. But I didn't. 😕
    I was going to say something witty and clever here, but I couldn't think of anything.
  12. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 19:45
    I was going to say something witty and clever here, but I couldn't think of anything.
    I was going to write something interminably long and potentially thread-killing, but I didn't.

Heartiest congratulations, sh76.
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 19:55

Was this your first (of either sex)? If not were the others (other) fence sitters too?
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 21:12
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Was this your first (of either sex)? If not were the others (other) fence sitters too?
    My 6 year old is very liberal in believing that she should be able to east as much cake and candy as she likes.

My 4 year old is very conservative in that she does not believe in being forced to share her toys with her siblings or cousins.

My 2 year old does not have particularly strong political positions except that he is adamantly opposed to taking bad tasting medicine.

So, in all, I guess it's a wash.
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 23:40
    Originally posted by DrKF
    I was going to write something interminably long and potentially thread-killing, but I didn't.

Heartiest congratulations, sh76.
    Thank you

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree