1. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    20 Jul '12 13:43
    Originally posted by Teinosuke
    Whodey's posts often demonstrate that Ignorance is its own reward...
    LOL. *zing*
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    26 Jul '12 12:46
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    -.-- --- ..- / -.. .. -.. -. .----. - / .-.. . .- .-. -. / - .... .- - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --- -. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / --- .-- -. .-.-.- / ... --- -- . --- -. . / . .-.. ... . / -.. .. -.. / - .... .- - .-.-.-
    You didn't learn that more code on your own. Someone else did that AAA
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    26 Jul '12 13:32
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Or you could dispense with all that and just let the US become the 'banana republic' it has always wanted to be.
    Seems you've got it backwards. The banana republics are all Marxist.
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    26 Jul '12 13:38
    Originally posted by Teinosuke
    Whodey's posts often demonstrate that Ignorance is its own reward...
    He does raise an interesting and real issue regarding education. The OP is about education, which has been politicized way before Whodey posted. Studying code, music or chess is significantly more developmental of intellect than forced ideological learning,
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '12 13:42
    Originally posted by normbenign
    He does raise an interesting and real issue regarding education. The OP is about education, which has been politicized way before Whodey posted. Studying code, music or chess is significantly more developmental of intellect than forced ideological learning,
    The OP asks if 'knowledge is its own reward'. It was an attempt at an apolitical - perhaps even a somewhat philosophical - thread. Do you have anything to offer in that vein?
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    26 Jul '12 13:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    The OP asks if 'knowledge is its own reward'. It was an attempt at an apolitical - perhaps even a somewhat philosophical - thread. Do you have anything to offer in that vein?
    It is a question about education. I agree that knowledge is its own reward, but that inevitably leads to question of what will be taught, especially in an era when government schools are in vogue.
  7. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    29 Jul '12 12:08
    Originally posted by normbenign
    It is a question about education. I agree that knowledge is its own reward, but that inevitably leads to question of what will be taught, especially in an era when government schools are in vogue.
    Hopefully, schools will teach critical thinking.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree