1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '10 09:20
    I've got a very good impression of what US is doing in Haiti in their times of difficulties.

What would US do if the same earthquake happened in Cuba, near Havana?
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    21 Jan '10 10:05
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I've got a very good impression of what US is doing in Haiti in their times of difficulties.

As much as they'd let us probably. The problem would be the regime would be afraid to let Americans get that glory.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '10 10:20
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    As much as they'd let us probably. The problem would be the regime would be afraid to let Americans get that glory.
    When Fidel's out, would Raul mind?
  4. Standard memberexpuddlepirate
    Exaulted high possum
    here...again
    Moves
    21 Jan '10 10:31
    When Fidel's out, would Raul mind?
    I think Raul is just Castro 2.0.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '10 10:45
    Turkey and Greece are traditional enemies. But Greece stepped in and helped the Turkish people at an earthquake, and Turky was grateful. A few weeks later, another earthquake at the Greek side the Turks went and help them in turn, and the Greeks didn't mind. fater that, Greece and Turkey seemed to be more friendly towards eachother after. These earthquace was a carrier of peace. Sad that this was needed.

Do you really think that Cuba wouldn't accept help from USA during a catastrophy like this? Wouldn't such a catastrophy bring the two peoples together, and a friendlier atmosphere be the result?

Would USA want Cuba as friends?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '10 10:55
    Would USA want Cuba as friends?
    Have you ever heard anti-Castro Cubans in America talking about what they are going to do in Cuba and do to Cubans in Cuba after communism falls? Good grief. Many of them sound like autocrats not so different from the autocrats they seek to replace.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '10 11:141 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Have you ever heard anti-Castro Cubans in America talking about what they are going to do in Cuba and do to Cubans in Cuba after communism falls? Good grief. Many of them sound like autocrats not so different from the autocrats they seek to replace.
    I don't know much about the relationship between the peoples of the two countries, or the relationship between the two gouvernements.

Between Washington and Havana is a current conflict going. Blocade and stuff, but isn't this just remains from the cold war between US and Sovjet?

On the question: "Would USA help Cuba in case of a earthquake?" I got the answer "Only if they let us (US) in." as if they probably wouldn't. Have I understood this correctly?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '10 11:491 edit
    Originally posted by expuddlepirate
    I think Raul is just Castro 2.0.
    Is this a gut feeling? An observation? An assumption?
  9. Standard memberexpuddlepirate
    Exaulted high possum
    here...again
    Moves
    21 Jan '10 12:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is this a gut feeling? An observation? An assumption?
    A little of all three.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jan '10 12:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]Have you ever heard anti-Castro Cubans in America talking about what they are going to do in Cuba and do to Cubans in Cuba after communism falls? b]
    No I haven't. I don't think you have either.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '10 12:16
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    No I haven't. I don't think you have either.
    Interesting point, there.
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    21 Jan '10 14:01

I suspect that there would be many private donations made by individuals and private charities to help out. The American people as individuals can be very compassionate and generous. Our government on the other hand ... I'm not sure what it would do or what strings it would try to attach if it were to help Cuba.
  13. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 Jan '10 17:19

Perhaps something to consider. Would Hugo Chavez step in and help as well?
  14. silicon valley
    Moves
    21 Jan '10 17:56

why wait for an earthquake? what's happened with hurricanes?
  15. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    22 Jan '10 15:22
    The Cuban government is probably efficient enough to deal with an earthquake on its own.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree