1. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:09
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    M.A. Secondary Education by 2011.
    So with an M.A. you become an expert on education?
    And me thinking that something like that would take a life time of continuous learning or something.
  2. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:10
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    I already know your "logic" and "formal logic". No need to show it anymore.
    Hey quit squabbling and deal with my serious attempt to address your OP dude!
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:12
    As an educator you give a terrible impression. You believe in cramming facts, denying creativity, showing favoritism, ignoring the importance of scientific and mathematical analysis as you taught math and physics...
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:121 edit
    So with an M.A. you become an expert on education?
    And me thinking that something like that would take a life time of continuous learning or something.
    I've been tutoring for 20 years.

EDIT - And I taught five semesters of 8th grade Physical Science and one semester of 6th grade Earth Science in the inner city with students of poverty who had major behavior issues.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:13
    I already know your "logic" and "formal logic". No need to show it anymore.
    It worked last time.

In this discussion I'm more inclined to the ATY's...position

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=128414&page=18
  6. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:14
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I taught part time for five semesters at a community college. That's all the expertise I need to know that the rich should be exterminated.
    As long as they usefully recycled into some feed-source/biomass/fertilizer a la Soylent Green
  7. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:15
    Originally posted by rwingett
    No, it can't be done. The rich need to be exterminated, not educated.
    I think a week working in sweat-shop conditions should be tried first. If after it they continue with their reckless behavior your option is to be used.

By the way, check the lectures given by Ken Robinson.
  8. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:15
    It worked last time.

In this discussion I'm more inclined to the ATY's...position

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=128414&page=18
    guys you're giving teachers a bad name. quit it and respond to ME instead....
  9. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:17
    As an educator you give a terrible impression. You believe in cramming facts, denying creativity, showing favoritism, ignoring the importance of scientific and mathematical analysis as you taught math and physics...
    Why are you measuring dicks? That's not the intent of the thread. It really isn't.

And don't misrepresent me, too.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:181 edit
    Why are you measuring dicks? That's not the intent of the thread. It really isn't.

And don't misrepresent me, too.
    Because you whine about how I pretend to be an expert and then brag about your experience. YOU offered up your penis measurement first!

If you claim to be an educator and then say "education is X" then that means you as an educator believe in doing X.
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:20
    Originally posted by kmax87
    As long as they usefully recycled into some feed-source/biomass/fertilizer a la Soylent Green
    Too rich for my blood. I think I'll have the salad bar instead.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:21
    In fact, adam, the fact that you are a science/math educator and yet YOU value creativity shows that education does in fact value creativity.
  13. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:22
    I think re-education by expecting anyone who effectively lives off the interest of their money or investments, to be made to spend time in community service. I know some might argue that some of the very rich already front some of the largest charities and foundations, but you would have to argue that organizing a gala event attended by the gliteratti that ma ...[text shortened]... olunteer more of their time than what society requires of them.

You know it makes sense!
    I don't think rich people should be forced in doing community service. I do agree that organizing gala events doesn't really cut it and I also think using people like Bono and such to represent Africa and the other poor countries isn't that great of a thing. yes I know you didn't say anything about the last point, but I just had to point it out.

If the idle rich were to do the things that you propose by their own will that would be a great thing. But the rampant lack of empathy that you mention clearly is an issue.
  14. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    Using the Australian accredited method standard dick measurement verification, anyone who raises the subject in an argument, as a means of belittling their opponent, regardless of whether they were provoked or not, has a weenie smaller than 3"
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    guys you're giving teachers a bad name. quit it and respond to ME instead....
    Stop interrupting Adam, kmax! He keeps raising his hand like a good little boy! Just sit there and pay attention while I respond to him and only him!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree