1. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:25
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Because you whine about how I pretend to be an expert and then brag about your experience. YOU offered up your penis measurement first!

If you claim to be an educator and then say "education is X" then that means you as an educator believe in doing X.
    Good God you're hopeless. I never whined about anything. I answered the question that you asked, and said that I don't consider myself to be an expert on education. Never in a thousand years I'd think that answering a question that was posed to me would be considered rude.

But I'll keep that in mind and ignore your questions for now on.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:26
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Good God you're hopeless. I never whined about anything. I answered the question that you asked, and said that I don't consider myself to be an expert on education. Never in a thousand years I'd think that answering a question that was posed to me would be considered rude.

But I'll keep that in mind and ignore your questions for now on.
    I love it when people try the "I'll just ignore you then" troll tactic. It means I can countertroll them without opposition because they look like fools if they respond.
  3. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:26
    ..If the idle rich were to do the things that you propose by their own will that would be a great thing. But the rampant lack of empathy that you mention clearly is an issue.
    The thing is maybe to get the ball rolling in the direction of an empathetic response, active unwelcome measures would have to be adopted. Its like the prison system and socially re-adjusting criminals. It does not work in the vast majority of cases, but if it works even in a small number, that's probably still more than had we not had a criminal justice system.
  4. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:27
    I love it when people try the "I'll just ignore you then" troll tactic. It means I can countertroll them without opposition because they look like fools if they respond.
    Uh I answered your question and you called me out on that. What am I to conclude: that I'm not supposed to answer your questions. Right?
  5. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:281 edit
    Stop interrupting Adam, kmax! He keeps raising his hand like a good little boy! Just sit there and pay attention while I respond to him and only him!
    you may have missed my post!

'Using the Australian accredited method of standard dick measurement verification, anyone who raises the subject in an argument, as a means of belittling their opponent, regardless of whether they were provoked or not, has a weenie smaller than 3" '

😛
  6. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:31
    Originally posted by kmax87
    The thing is maybe to get the ball rolling in the direction of an empathetic response, active unwelcome measures would have to be adopted. Its like the prison system and socially re-adjusting criminals. It does not work in the vast majority of cases, but if it works even in a small number, that's probably still more than had we not had a criminal justice system.
    The prison system sucks and that's why so many of them come out of there lacking social readjustment.

I think that if the things that you mentioned happened in a spontaneous way it would be great.
    I believe that every time one uses some form of coercion it has to be a strong justification. And the stronger the coercion the stronger the justification needed. Can you provide a very strong justification for the very strong coercion you are asking for?
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:32
    you may have missed my post!

'Using the Australian accredited method of standard dick measurement verification, anyone who raises the subject in an argument, as a means of belittling their opponent, regardless of whether they were provoked or not, has a weenie smaller than 3" '

😛
    PUT YOUR HEAD DOWN!!! 😠
  8. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:41
    PUT YOUR HEAD DOWN!!! 😠
    here's a heads up, its not up 😀
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:42
    here's a heads up, its not up 😀
    Oh, that's it! DETENTION FOR YOU!
  10. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:512 edits
    I believe that every time one uses some form of coercion it has to be a strong justification. And the stronger the coercion the stronger the justification needed. Can you provide a very strong justification for the very strong coercion you are asking for?
    With every passing year an increasing stratification occurs in society as the rich get richer, and the poor, well they not only get poorer, they increase in overall numbers.

How good is this for society? Where can these pre-conditions lead a society.

Revolution did I hear you say? Viva la France!

At this present moment in time, that may seem far-fetched, but with each passing year, the potential grows. Is it better then for history to take its course and if there be any sudden re-adjustment, we allow it to occur of its own volition? Or do we recognize, as any rational society should, that we are sitting on a volcano of our own making if we choose to do nothing.

Its like the global warming irreversible climate change debacle, by the time proof positive exists to convince even the skeptics, it will be far too late to do anything about it. Best practice risk management says addressing that problem as well as the problem of the idle rich with a fully developed program of social engagement/ privilege re-evaluation, will head off the revolutionary impulse way before it ever has a chance to establish itself as the only viable option in the minds of the dispossessed.

An ounce of prevention and all that.......
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:53
    Look at the poor people in Chiapas, In Haiti before the Jean-Bertrand Aristide first election, look at the people movement that arose in Argentina during its crisis, etc, etc, etc...

They showed that they could take care of themselves during very hard times that came due to rich people very poor and reckless behavior. during this times of a capitali ...[text shortened]... f their money will be any good to them after they die?

How do you think this can be done?
    Just tax them, especially anything inherited.
  12. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:56
    With every passing year an increasing stratification occurs in society as the rich get richer, and the poor, well they not only get poorer, they increase in overall numbers.

How good is this for society? Where can these pre-conditions lead a society.

Revolution did I hear you say? Viva la France!

At this present moment in time, that may seem far-fetc ...[text shortened]... ly viable option in the minds of the dispossessed.

An ounce of prevention and all that.......
    I agree with almost all of what you say. But I also believe in self-organization.

The only thing I disagree with is the expression: "Is it better then for history to take its course and if there be any sudden re-adjustment, we allow it to occur of its own volition?". I don't believe in the course of History. History doesn't flow, History is written and it is written by all of us. A minor detail, but I'm pedant like that.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 23:58
    I agree with almost all of what you say. But I also believe in self-organization.

The only thing I disagree with is the expression: "Is it better then for history to take its course and if there be any sudden re-adjustment, we allow it to occur of its own volition?". I don't believe in the course of History. History doesn't flow, History is written and it is written by all of us. A minor detail, but I'm pedant like that.
    That's insightful. 🙂
  14. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    12 Apr '10 00:061 edit
    That's insightful. 🙂
    This is even more insightful: http://fora.tv/2009/01/29/Sir_Ken_Robinson_A_New_View_of_Human_Capacity and pay special care to point 15.
    And his TED talk is also more insightful.

If you have two hours of free time watch it and them report back at this thread.
  15. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    12 Apr '10 00:432 edits
    I'm a stickler for grammatical expression so I would agree that you are a pedant like that, or that possibly you are pedantic like that.

As far as your understanding of history not flowing, you are probably correct that there is nothing intrinsically inevitable about anything, and that history is a record we make after the fact. The aspect of the course of history that I privilege, is the notion of if not history repeating itself, then at least of historical situations reoccurring, which would suggest probable outcomes for similar sets of pre-conditions.

Whether this may indicate a course or flow of history seems a moot point if the consequences of certain existing factors in play, tend to vector towards similar outcomes in a variety of previously observed, independent settings.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree