What is 'the' solution.
  3. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    18 Sep '18 13:50
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    What is 'the' solution.
    Fund schools so that bullies and bad behaviour does not set the agenda where kids aught to be learning. That means more teachers, smaller class sizes. Make sure the schools are resourced with current text books and or access to technology and again the ratio of teachers to students that will change the culture of non learning and demoralised attendance. And spend good money on good food in the canteens and make sure that every kid has good nutrients on board an is not full of sugar and salt and make the food available subsidised to the level that the kids can afford. Kids got nothing, subsidize at 100% And none of that soup in a can rubbish.

And lastly stop trying to run schools like a business where educators have to meet kpi's against standardized testing. Teachers have to be given trust. The teaching profession on the ground must be empowered to find the solutions for their schools. Not some board imposed fud that has nothing to do with anything.

Because at the end of the day, kids are still that. Kids. And if your school policy says hand in your device at the start of school and here it is for you at the end of the school, the kids will learn. And have a rapid removal squad. Kid wants to disrupt the lesson, because their issues are larger than their ability to self regulate, then have a process of removal and allow the rest of the class to get on with it.

More of the same of the old solutions will not change anything.
  4. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    18 Sep '18 14:16
    Originally posted by @kmax87
    Fund schools so that bullies and bad behaviour does not set the agenda where kids aught to be learning. That means more teachers, smaller class sizes. Make sure the schools are resourced with current text books and or access to technology and again the ratio of teachers to students that will change the culture of non learning and demoralised attendance. And ...[text shortened]... the class to get on with it.

Very nice! Agreeably stated solutions. Kudos!
  5. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    18 Sep '18 16:35
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    Very nice! Agreeably stated solutions. Kudos!
    Thanks. I teach in the public system here in Australia, and I have yet to meet any teacher who disagrees!
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '18 18:03

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Sep '18 19:29
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    True, but politics, particularly in a two-party stultocracy, favours the short-term solution.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Sep '18 19:39
    What is 'the' solution.
    'the' solution is explicitly inferring that there is one and only one solution.
    I have no evidence that is true ... do you?
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Sep '18 19:40
    Fund schools so that bullies and bad behaviour does not set the agenda where kids aught to be learning. That means more teachers, smaller class sizes. Make sure the schools are resourced with current text books and or access to technology and again the ratio of teachers to students that will change the culture of non learning and demoralised attendance. And ...[text shortened]... the class to get on with it.

Can't argue with any of that.
    Why is it that some (all?) US states are so far off?
  10. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    18 Sep '18 20:081 edit

I was correcting wolfgang english. wolfgang likes to correct the english and gammar of folk on a casual anonymous message board, it is moronic, I was giving wolfgang some of his own medicine,

LOLWGURANIDJIT
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 11:48
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Wow.
    I thought teachers' pay was low in UK.
    But in US.....
    [youtube]NE9doDE-t_Y[/youtube]

Explains a lot.

What is solution?
    Can US afford an education system?
    of course it can afford it. The US has the money to do basically any social program Denmark or Sweeden has, it just chooses to spend it on crap.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 13:061 edit
    What is 'the' solution.
    Mo money cuz that fixes everything.
  13. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 13:51
    According to proponents of incessant "tax cuts for the wealthy"...it does.
  14. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 14:47
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    of course it can afford it. The US has the money to do basically any social program Denmark or Sweeden has, it just chooses to spend it on crap.
    The only social program it seems to fund is the police force and a prison system, because where in the world did a good education provide a way out of poverty and social dysfunction. No, it's much better to punish the underachiever, the disadvantaged and the generationally disempowered. How else you gonna enjoy your wealth and lifestyle if not for the poor begrudgingly acknowledging your greatness by the envious way they lust after all your possessions and trinkets. I mean how else could you guage how priveledged your lifestyle was except for the odd homeless person succumbing to frostbite during a cold snap, to emphasize your warm and cosy success. We can't all be winners, right??
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 13:221 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Can't argue with any of that.
    Why is it that some (all?) US states are so far off?
    The answer to this is that most US states have Republican state administrations led by Republican governors.

Republicans are not interested in having an informed electorate, for obvious reasons.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree