1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 13:561 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    They're not likely to make much of a "good faith" effort while Israel continues to illegally blockade Gaza.
    chicken and the egg...

That's why a strong third party needs to take charge and bring the parties together.
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 13:582 edits
    Originally posted by Gremlins
    All the Palestinian armed groups carry out rocket and mortar attacks, with varying frequency.[4] The main groups are Hamas, Islamic Jihad,[11] the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine,[12] the Popular Resistance Committees,[13] Fatah,[14] and the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine.[4]

Not all these factions are supportive of Hamas.
    Welcome to RHP, Gremlins!

Just a stab in the dark here... you wouldn't happen to know a "Zeeblebot," by any chance, would you?

😉
  3. Joined
    01 Jun '11
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 14:35

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 15:19
    Originally posted by Gremlins
    Year Fatalities Number of Rockets fired
    2001 1 4
    2002 1 35
    2003 1 155
    2004 5 281
    2005 6 179
    2006 4 946
    2007 2 896[18][64]
    2008 8 1,752
    2009 0 578
    2010 1 129[60]

total number killed 29

number of palestinians killed over short invasion 1400 of which a few hundred were children
    It is amazing that you can actually bring up a chart on number of rockets shot at civilians and fatalities over a decade with pointing out the obvious fact that civilized societies that deserve respect and sympathy do not have decade long programs of shooting rockets at civilians.

I am an American and if a group had a program to shoot rockets at our civilians I think that one rocket even if it killed no people would be enough motivation for our government to use enough force to stop the rockets. If civilians died in our military response so be it. I imagine other countries would do the same if they were receiving rockets aimed at their citizens and I imagine they would demand similar action even if unfortunately civilian casualities may occur.
  5. Joined
    01 Jun '11
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 16:01

6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 22:57
    Originally posted by quackquack
    It is amazing that you can actually bring up a chart on number of rockets shot at civilians and fatalities over a decade with pointing out the obvious fact that civilized societies that deserve respect and sympathy do not have decade long programs of shooting rockets at civilians.

I am an American and if a group had a program to shoot rockets at our ...[text shortened]... I imagine they would demand similar action even if unfortunately civilian casualities may occur.
    You think killing 1400 people including a bunch of children is a proper response to the occasional firing of a rocket?

You really are a sick, hate filled individual.
  7. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    03 Jun '11 10:47
    Originally posted by sh76
    Well, then, I guess the issue comes down to whether Hamas is responsible to stop the "few fringe groups" from "launch[ing] some rockets out of Gaza." Now that they have civil control over Gaza, they ought to be able to control that sort of thing (or at least make a good faith effort to do so).
    If Hamas were the government in sovereign control of the nation of 'Gaza', I would say yes.

But they aren't, so their powers and therefore their responsibility are limited. In particular, they cannot offer economic opportunities to encourage would-be rocket-shooters to adopt other employment.
  8. Joined
    09 Jun '11
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 18:20

9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 18:32
    You mean there has been a restriction of 400 people per day added so that large columns of buses can't leave at once.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree