1. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 01:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    Little sliver of semi-racist nonsense from Sartor Resartus and utherpendragon's ears prick up.
    My ears pricked up alright!
    If that IS what he is advocating he has a serious mental disorder!
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 01:25
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    If that IS what he is advocating he has a serious mental disorder!
    Which one do you think is evidence of "serious mental disorder"? Advocating zero population growth be a top priority the world over? Or claiming that development aid to Africa "subsidizes breeding"?
  3. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 01:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Which one do you think is evidence of "serious mental disorder"? Advocating zero population growth be a top priority the world over? Or claiming that development aid to Africa "subsidizes breeding"?
    You really should stop this trollish behavior w/me FMF.
    Advocating zero population growth,forced sterilizations, genocide either in your face or through a back door approach such as starvation tactics is wrong and immoral and anyone advocating this IMO is suffering from some sort of disorder in the mind.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 01:561 edit
    Advocating zero population growth,forced sterilizations, genocide either in your face or through a back door approach such as starvation tactics is wrong and immoral and anyone advocating this IMO is suffering from some sort of disorder in the mind.
    Advocating zero population growth is perfectly legitimate - and is probably the explicit objective of most countries around the world. Through economic and education policies, and increasing prosperity in certain sectors of society, Indonesia for example has reducing its population right down and this has done much to fight poverty. To suggest that this kind of policy or economic aim is "some sort of disorder in the mind" is just plain silly.
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 01:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    Advocating zero population growth is perfectly legitimate - and is probably the explicit objective of most countries around the world. Through economic and education policies, and increasing prosperity in certain sectors of society, Indonesia for example has reducing its population right down and this has done much to fight poverty. To suggest that this kind of policy or economic aim is "some sort of disorder in the mind" is just plain silly.
    Is that advocated in the U.S?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 02:03
    I have no idea. Getting fertility rates down to (ideally) the replacement rate is a no brainer for large swathes of the developing world.

Do you seriously think rwingett advocates "forced sterilizations, genocide either in your face or through a back door approach such as starvation tactics"?

Are you being for real?
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 02:04
    You could give tax incentives for remaining childless and heavier tax burdens for having more than one child.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 02:05
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You could give tax incentives for remaining childless and heavier tax burdens for having more than one child.
    Indonesia had a long running family planning education campaign in the 70s and 80s, and 90s too. The birth rate has come way down. Real success story.
  9. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 02:08
    That makes sense. Families then live in poverty. But, then they are forced to be supported by and be dependent on the State through social welfare programs.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 02:16
    That makes sense. Families then live in poverty. But, then they are forced to be supported by and be dependent on the State through social welfare programs.
    Don't support rwingett's policy then. But please stop the silliness where, because you disagree with advocating zero population growth, you up the ante and equate it with "forced sterilizations, genocide either in your face or through a back door approach such as starvation tactics". Makes you sound foolish. Even more so when you come out with this attempted smack down nonsense and then accuse OTHERS of being 'trollish'.
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 02:20
    Existing families would have to be grandfathered in. But such a program could have a dramatic effect on the behavior of prospective families. Unless you're A-OK with the population growing to 15 billion or so within a hundred years.
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 02:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    Indonesia had a long running family planning education campaign in the 70s and 80s, and 90s too. The birth rate has come way down. Real success story.
    It would be nice if more countries followed their example. Especially since I don't think the Discovery Channel is ever going to get its programming in order.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 02:24
    Existing families would have to be grandfathered in. But such a program could have a dramatic effect on the behavior of prospective families. Unless you're A-OK with the population growing to 15 billion or so within a hundred years.
    Tell utherpendragon about the conveyor belt. The rotating knives. The gutters for the blood.
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 02:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    Tell utherpendragon about the conveyor belt. The rotating knives. The gutters for the blood.
    Sounds like the Monty Python skit about the new block of flats.
  15. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 02:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    Don't support rwingett's policy then. But please stop the silliness where, because you disagree with advocating zero population growth, you up the ante and equate it with "forced sterilizations, genocide either in your face or through a back door approach such as starvation tactics". Makes you sound foolish. Even more so when you come out with this attempted smack down nonsense and then accuse OTHERS of being 'trollish'.
    This is exactly what I am talking about w/the trollish behavior.I was responding to another poster who was asking me a question.
    You jump in w/your typical trollish b.s. and imply I am a racist.
    You are stalking and you are bullying and it needs to stop.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree