1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 May '18 05:011 edit
    In one of the Dutch papers (the Volkskrant) there’s article about how wiki facts checking.
    It’s concluded that 70% of claims made by the US president are false.

Here’s a Canadian based site which facts checks as well:
    http://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/

I mean, how bloody ridiculous is this? Can’t a president be shot like a rabid dog for serial-lying?
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    13 May '18 06:571 edit
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    In one of the Dutch papers (the Volkskrant) there’s article about how wiki facts checking.

I mean, how bloody ridiculous is this? Can’t a president be shot like a rabid dog for serial-lying?
    The short answer is "No" The standard defense is "all politicians lie" the fact that Trump lies 50x more than the others matters little to his legions of lemming like followers.

I would also ask you to consider that most Americans are not a "bunch of inbred crackers" since most Americans do not support the policies of President Trump. 🙂
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    13 May '18 11:54
    mchill writes:

"I would also ask you to consider that most Americans are not a "bunch of inbred crackers" since most Americans do not support the policies of President Trump."

HEAR! HEAR!
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 May '18 18:04
    Originally posted by @mchill
    The short answer is "No" The standard defense is "all politicians lie" the fact that Trump lies 50x more than the others matters little to his legions of lemming like followers.

I would also ask you to consider that most Americans are not a "bunch of inbred crackers" since most Americans do not support the policies of President Trump. 🙂
    Most of them here do...
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 May '18 18:25

I'd be amazed if 30% of his statements and tweets were undistorted truths.
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 May '18 18:26
    Most of them here do...
    That's ridiculous.

Mott The Hoople, whodey and who else?
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 May '18 05:56
    Originally posted by @sh76
    That's ridiculous.

Mott The Hoople, whodey and who else?
    Freaky, rom-whatever, etc.

There’s a whole bunch that escaped from the trailer park.
  8. S. Korea
    Moves
    14 May '18 06:16
    Honestly, this is a silly trick.

I am not a liberal at all and am deeply dismissive of what Justin Trudeau has to say, but if someone were to suggest that 70% of his claims are patently false my eyes would glaze over slightly and I would nod my head once and try to change the topic because it is an embarrassing distortion of the truth.

You guys understand how information and facts are dealt with publicly, right..?

Like, you can cite some economist that makes claim X, and another economist that makes claim Y, both claims are conflicting but both are generally well thought out analysis, right...

Experts frequently disagree with each other and sometimes this can be rather shocking but often time s it is almost routine.

Literally, in the least charitable light possible you could make it so that 50%+ of anyone's claims are "false" or that 90%+ are "true" or whatever you want (barring extreme examples) because this is simply the nature of public discourse.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 May '18 08:05
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    Literally, in the least charitable light possible you could make it so that 50%+ of anyone's claims are "false" or that 90%+ are "true" or whatever you want (barring extreme examples) because this is simply the nature of public discourse.
    But lying nearly all the time is not.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '18 08:48
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    But lying nearly all the time is not.
    One of the most insightful comments about the Honourable and Esteemed President Donald J. Trump’s supporters and critics I’ve read is:

Supporters of Trump took him seriously but not literally. Critics took him literally but not seriously.
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 May '18 10:06
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    Honestly, this is a silly trick.

I am not a liberal at all and am deeply dismissive of what Justin Trudeau has to say, but if someone were to suggest that 70% of his claims are patently false my eyes would glaze over slightly and I would nod my head once and try to change the topic because it is an embarrassing distortion of the truth.

You guys u ...[text shortened]... tever you want (barring extreme examples) because this is simply the nature of public discourse.
    Well Sh76... there you go.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 May '18 11:53

Wow, he is a politician after all.

Who knew?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 May '18 11:55
    To be honest, it's been fun watching the Left get all bent out of shape over political figures lying and screwing whores.

No worries, they will soon go back to being deaf, blind, and dumb after they get a "D" into the Oval Office.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 May '18 12:031 edit
    Originally posted by @sh76
    I'd be amazed if 30% of his statements and tweets were undistorted truths.
    Trump lies about things like how big his inauguration audience was.

Obama lied about the affordability and quality of our health care.

I'll take Trump over Obama any day.

I tried to warn people that the whole scheme was not sustainable and that it was only a ruse for a single payer system, like we have seen. I said this despite every left winged loon on here lying and saying it was not true.

Yet I'm the big liar here?

Hilarious.
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    14 May '18 15:28
    Well Sh76... there you go.
    4 or 5 people, tops. There are at least 25 regular American contributors here.

"Most" was a wild overstatement.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree