Fact checking: 70% of Trump’s claims false

Fact checking: 70% of Trump’s claims false

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Germany

Moves
14 May 18

Originally posted by @whodey
I'll take Trump over Obama any day.
Yikes. A quote that will not age well, given the coming events.

By the way, among the many things Trump lied about is your health care system.

w

Moves
14 May 18

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
Yikes. A quote that will not age well, given the coming events.

By the way, among the many things Trump lied about is your health care system.
Trump merely ended to mandate so that corporations could not force taxes upon me.

He did not lie about a health care program where my costs would go down and quality would not go down, etc.

The ink is not even try on the legislation and they now want Single payer, something I said before it was passed and mocked for saying it.

K

Germany

Moves
14 May 18

Trump merely ended to mandate so that corporations could not force taxes upon me.

He did not lie about a health care program where my costs would go down and quality would not go down, etc.

The ink is not even try on the legislation and they now want Single payer, something I said before it was passed and mocked for saying it.

He did.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 May 18

Originally posted by @shavixmir
In one of the Dutch papers (the Volkskrant) there’s article about how wiki facts checking.
It’s concluded that 70% of claims made by the US president are false.

Here’s a Canadian based site which facts checks as well:
http://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/

I mean, how bloody ridiculous is this? Can’t a president be shot like a rabid dog for serial-lying?
The real shocker is the implication 30% of his statements were true. That I cannot believe.
A sociopath does not know how to tell the truth and can't figure out the difference.

S. Korea

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @shavixmir
Well Sh76... there you go.
Are you accusing me of being sh76?

Do you think a guy has made 9k chess moves on some account for it to be a sophisticated sock?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
15 May 18

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @sonhouse
The real shocker is the implication 30% of his statements were true. That I cannot believe.
A sociopath does not know how to tell the truth and can't figure out the difference.
Trump lies 100% of the time, but it could be that 30% of the time he's lying about stuff he has a false understanding of, with the result that he occasionally, inadvertently, ends up telling the truth.

rain

Moves
15 May 18

Corporations...do NOT impose taxes; the government does. That's what makes health insurance like Medicaid possible.

Jesus Christ, this shouldn't have to be explained to an adult.

rain

Moves
15 May 18

I'll take Trump over Obama any day.
A common statement from people with your demonstrated level of intelligence.

w

Moves
16 May 18

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
[b]He did not lie about a health care program where my costs would go down and quality would not go down, etc.

He did.[/b]
Rates have gone up, and they were designed to go up even more after he left office.

Then they were to use the higher rates to promote a Single payer system, something I said all along but was laughed at.

Well, no one is laughing now.

K

Germany

Moves
16 May 18

Rates have gone up, and they were designed to go up even more after he left office.

Then they were to use the higher rates to promote a Single payer system, something I said all along but was laughed at.

Well, no one is laughing now.
In fact, several studies have indicated that Obamacare did reduce costs, compared to leaving the old system in place:

Healthcare premium cost increases in the employer market continued to moderate after the implementation of the law. For example, healthcare premiums for those covered by employers rose by 69% from 2000–2005, but only 27% from 2010 to 2015,[11] with only a 3% increase from 2015 to 2016.[211] From 2008–2010 (before passage of the ACA) health insurance premiums rose by an average of 10% per year.[232]

Several studies found that the financial crisis and accompanying recession could not account for the entirety of the slowdown and that structural changes likely share at least partial credit.[233][234][235][236] A 2013 study estimated that changes to the health system had been responsible for about a quarter of the recent reduction in inflation.[237] Paul Krawzak claimed that even if cost controls succeed in reducing the amount spent on healthcare, such efforts on their own may be insufficient to outweigh the long-term burden placed by demographic changes, particularly the growth of the population on Medicare.[238]

In a 2016 review of the ACA published in JAMA, Barack Obama himself wrote that from 2010 through 2014 mean annual growth in real per-enrollee Medicare spending was negative, down from a mean of 4.7% per year from 2000 through 2005 and 2.4% per year from 2006 to 2010; similarly, mean real per-enrollee growth in private insurance spending was 1.1% per year over the period, compared with a mean of 6.5% from 2000 through 2005 and 3.4% from 2005 to 2010.[239]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protection_and_Affordable_Care_Act#Healthcare_insurance_costs

S. Korea

Moves
16 May 18

The US system even decades ago was a hybrid. It has created a really bad scenario where lots of people profit off of the consumers in different ways, like leaches.

A true single payer system would not be bad for Americans, I think, but it poses constitutional challenges and I am sure that there is a lot of issues about what such a transition entails.

Make of that what you will.

I would say this: I would vote for single payer healthcare in a second if you agreed that we could send back the illegals, and that this would be a means of catching and deporting people.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 May 18

Originally posted by @kmax87
Trump lies 100% of the time, but it could be that 30% of the time he's lying about stuff he has a false understanding of, with the result that he occasionally, inadvertently, ends up telling the truth.
THAT I can believe.

D

Moves
16 May 18