Faisal Shahzad:  Civilian, or enemy combatant?

Faisal Shahzad: Civilian, or enemy combatant?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

silicon valley

Moves
09 May 10

Originally posted by generalissimo
[b]Unfortunately, the "right" here is typified by the likes of yourself, zeeblebot, and peanutpicker41, Sartor Resartus, Hugh Glass, whodey, generalissimo, Phil3000, utherpendragon et al, and is thus woefully understrength as far as insight and common sense are concerned

The fact that you put me alongside the likes of sartor resartus and peanut ...[text shortened]... iticize them frequently), and yet here you imply we are the same type of people. Ludicrous.[/b]
FMF views the world through polarized glasses 😵.

you either ARE, or you AREN'T.

F

Moves
10 May 10

I don't remember ever agreeing with those individuals [sartor resartus and peanutpicker] (as a matter of fact I actually criticize them frequently), and yet here you imply we are the same type of people.
I implied nothing of the sort and whether rightwingers agree with each other all the time is irrelevant to what I said. Which was: the "right wing" is quite poorly represented at RHP. With some obvious exceptions who contribute valuably and convincingly, the majority of "right wing" posters here seem inarticulate, ignorant, meanspirited, or unable to embrace things broadly or thoughfully. It's a shame.

F

Moves
10 May 10
1 edit

Originally posted by zeeblebot
FMF views the world through polarized glasses. you either ARE, or you AREN'T.
Absolutely. I do see posting through rather polarized glasses. People either ARE effective contributors or they AREN'T. I think RHP's "right wing" needs to raise its game. It probably has less than half a dozen worthy debaters here. Credible posters with centrist or lefty views probably outnumber then four or five times.

g

Pepperland

Moves
10 May 10

why shouldn't a rebellion be judged under military law?
because they're civilians, not members of the military.

g

Pepperland

Moves
10 May 10

Originally posted by FMF
I implied nothing of the sort and whether rightwingers agree with each other all the time is irrelevant to what I said. Which was: the "right wing" is quite poorly represented at RHP. With some obvious exceptions who contribute valuably and convincingly, the majority of "right wing" posters here seem inarticulate, ignorant, meanspirited, or unable to embrace things broadly or thoughfully. It's a shame.
"The left-wing of RHP is truly weak in their arguments, its really a shame that they should be represented by the likes of sherzo, adam warlock, no1, and FMF. I really hope they educate themselves and improve their performance and debate techniques."

right, so I just put you in a list alongside the most notorious loons on this website, but hey, Im not in any way implying you are like them. 🙄

the majority of "right wing" posters here seem inarticulate, ignorant, meanspirited, or unable to embrace things broadly or thoughfully. It's a shame.

just like the same can be said about the majority of leftists here, yourself included.
Im not going to ask you to explain your vague and unsubstantiated generalizations for I know you're just going to avoid any real discussion by either attacking me personally or simply refusing to be objective, so in what way are you different from all those inarticulate right-wing posters you just mentioned?

F

Moves
11 May 10

in what way are you different from all those inarticulate right-wing posters you just mentioned?
Well, I am not an inarticulte right-wing poster. That's the main difference I suppose.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
11 May 10

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/05/administration-faces-criticism-mirandizing-times-square-suspect/

Updated May 05, 2010
Administration Faces Criticism for Mirandizing Times Square Suspect
Glen Beck agrees with the Obama Administration on this one.

The sky is falling the sky is falling/...........

g

Pepperland

Moves
11 May 10

Originally posted by FMF
Well, I am not an inarticulte right-wing poster. That's the main difference I suppose.
and yet you're just as much a troll as they are.

silicon valley

Moves
11 May 10

in what way are you different from all those inarticulate right-wing posters you just mentioned?
most of THEM can spell "inarticulate" 😵

g

Pepperland

Moves
11 May 10
2 edits

most of THEM can spell "inarticulate" 😵
if go on criticizing him, soon he will accuse of going into generalissimo mode just like he did to some other poster in another thread, the unintended consequence of his trollish replies is that they only prove my point.

🙄

silicon valley

Moves
11 May 10

or if they can't spell it, are smart enough to copy-and-paste. i'll bet even a chimpanzee could be trained to do that!

silicon valley

Moves
11 May 10

if go on criticizing him, soon he will accuse of going into generalissimo mode just like he did to some other poster in another thread, the unintended consequence of his trollish replies is that they only prove my point.

🙄
dang. you got a mode. 🙁

F

Moves
12 May 10

you're just as much a troll as [peanutpicker41, Sartor Resartus, Phil3000 etc.] are.
Oh dear. I had no idea.

g

Pepperland

Moves
12 May 10

Originally posted by FMF
Oh dear. I had no idea.
the first step is to recognize your mistakes, and then gradually try to improve your performance.

if you work on it Im sure you'll be able to abandon your trollish ways. 😉

silicon valley

Moves
12 May 10

he needs to attend the session groups and embrace the 13-step plan.