Flaming Tomato Awards 2010

Flaming Tomato Awards 2010

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
17 Dec 10

The phoenix award is hereby awarded to John W. Booth for, well, doing stuff that would earn one a phoenix award.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
17 Dec 10

Originally posted by utherpendragon
The [b] "I don't know if I am a conservative Republican or not" award 2010 goes to sh76[/b]
Hear, hear!

Thank you, Uther. I am humbled and honored by this great award. I don't know if I can live up to it, however.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
17 Dec 10

Originally posted by sh76
The [b]phoenix award is hereby awarded to John W. Booth for, well, doing stuff that would earn one a phoenix award.[/b]
I like the subtle cricket reference.

T

Moves
17 Dec 10
1 edit

The [b]phoenix award is hereby awarded to John W. Booth for, well, doing stuff that would earn one a phoenix award.[/b]
OK, that was funnier than mine. Indeed, perhaps you'd care to accept the Buster Keaton Award for being the only poster who's succeeded in making me laugh out loud during 2010.

(Well, Wajoma makes me laugh out loud sometimes, but for all the wrong reasons).

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
17 Dec 10

Originally posted by utherpendragon
he is in the american conservative clan and I thought (I may wrong) last year or so his profile page said he was a conservative republican. and i thought I asked him about it here many months ago and he clarified he was a "fiscal conservative". Last week he wished Mr. Pork barrel himself, Harry Reid "god speed"?!
Maybe its not a accurate award, I just cant figure him out.😕
I don't think I ever described myself as a "conservative republican" though it is true that at various times I have described myself as a "conservative" and a "republican."

It's in the eye of the beholder, I guess. In the 1960s and 70s my views would probably have been seen as conservative. My wish to Harry Reid of Godspeed (which didn't work out, unfortunately), is due to the fact that I am a deficit hawk, a conservative trait, and this reckless tax cut extension needlessly expands the budget deficit by a frightening margin.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
17 Dec 10

Originally posted by Teinosuke
OK, that was funnier than mine. Indeed, perhaps you'd care to accept the [b]Buster Keaton Award for being the only poster who's succeeded in making me laugh out loud during 2010.

(Well, Wajoma makes me laugh out loud sometimes, but for all the wrong reasons).[/b]
Absolutely. Any award I can get is going up on the mantle right next to the 2009 awards.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
17 Dec 10

The Milton Bradley award for inventing great new games is hereby awarded to our dearly departed FMF for inventing the role playing game started in Thread 124285 and later continued in Thread 131382.

T

Moves
17 Dec 10
1 edit

The [b]Milton Bradley award for inventing great new games is hereby awarded to our dearly departed FMF for inventing the role playing game started in Thread 124285 and later continued in Thread 131382.[/b]
Gosh - so you've given him two awards this year? Oh no, my mistake, the other one was to someone completely different, wasn't it...

d

Moves
17 Dec 10
1 edit

Best smw6869 Impersonation Post to sh76 for this post:

smw6869: Gumming your plums may not make someone an apple or orange, but it would definitely make him a fruit

GRANNY

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
17 Dec 10

Originally posted by dryhump
Best smw6869 Impersonation Post to sh76 for this post:

smw6869: Gumming your plums may not make someone an apple or orange, but it would definitely make him a fruit

GRANNY
Wow! My 3rd award; and 2 of them for something positive! 🙂

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
17 Dec 10

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
I like the subtle cricket reference.
Yeah, the... er... um... cricket reference.

Right.

Glad you noticed!

K

Germany

Moves
17 Dec 10
1 edit

The Captain Obvious award goes to utherpendragon for "uncovering" the identity of RHP contributors.

T

Moves
17 Dec 10

Originally posted by Teinosuke
I wonder who wins the [b]Mount Merapi Award for Unconvincing Reincarnation 2010...[/b]
I've just thought of another candidate for the Mount Merapi Award for Unconvincing Reincarnation 2010. It is whodey for his temporary transformation into a Marxist fanatic.

JWB

Moves
17 Dec 10

Yeah, the... er... um... cricket reference.

Right.

Glad you noticed!
The Baggy Greens, with some imperious square drives through point and other fuller deliveries worked to leg or stuff that's back of a length turned into long hops with footwork and a bit of long handle, have done some phoenixy stuff, today and yesterday as it happens.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
17 Dec 10

The Apollo Cried Award is hereby awarded to whodey for being No1Marauder's personal punching bag and allowing No1 to work off a little aggression so that rest of us can be subjected to a little less abuse from time to time.

Well done, whodey!