1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    30 May '11 20:28
    Roger Ailes has a bomb-resistant office to protect him from Muslims and gays.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-roger-ailes-built-the-fox-news-fear-factory-20110525

From the Rolling Stone article:

"Inside his blast-resistant office at Fox News headquarters, Ailes keeps a monitor on his desk that allows him to view any activity outside his closed door. Once, after observing a dark-skinned man in what Ailes perceived to be Muslim garb, he put Fox News on lockdown. “What the hell!” Ailes shouted. “This guy could be bombing me!” The suspected terrorist turned out to be a janitor. “Roger tore up the whole floor,” recalls a source close to Ailes. “He has a personal paranoia about people who are Muslim – which is consistent with the ideology of his network.”"

It's a fascinating read. The last sentence of the article may very well be the epitaph of Republican moderation.
  2. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    30 May '11 20:402 edits
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    "He has a personal paranoia about people who are Muslim – which is consistent with the ideology of his network."
    I can beat that.

_____

As the Republican presidential nomination process begins, one GOP candidate is making a name for himself as the Islamophobia candidate: Herman Cain.

Earlier this week, Cain gave an interview to Christianity Today in which he declared that, “based upon the little knowledge that I have of the Muslim religion, you know, they have an objective to convert all infidels or kill them.”

ThinkProgress caught up with the former CEO of Godfather’s Pizza today at the Conservative Principles Conference in Des Moines, Iowa, to discuss his comments further. We asked him, in light of his statements on Islam, would he be comfortable appointing any Muslims in his administration. Rather than skirting the question or hedging his answer, as most presidential aspirants are wont to do, Cain was definitive: “No, I will not”:

KEYES: You came under a bit of controversy this week for some of the comments made about Muslims in general. Would you be comfortable appointing a Muslim, either in your cabinet or as a federal judge?

CAIN: No, I will not. And here’s why. There is this creeping attempt, there is this attempt to gradually ease Sharia law and the Muslim faith into our government. It does not belong in our government. This is what happened in Europe. And little by little, to try and be politically correct, they made this little change, they made this little change. And now they’ve got a social problem that they don’t know what to do with hardly.

The question that was asked that “raised some questions” and, as my grandfather said, “I does not care, I feel the way I feel.” I was asked, “what is the role of Islam in America?” I thought it was an odd question. I said the role of Islam in America is for those that believe in Islam to practice it and leave us alone. Just like Christianity. We have a First Amendment. And I get upset when the Muslims in this country, some of them, try to force their Sharia law onto the rest of us.

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/03/26/herman-cain-muslims/?start=3

_____

What's sad is, from what I've read, Cain has often made a point of recounting his personal struggles with racial discrimination in years past.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 May '11 20:54
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    I can beat that.

_____

As the Republican presidential nomination process begins, one GOP candidate is making a name for himself as the Islamophobia candidate: Herman Cain.

Earlier this week, Cain gave an interview to Christianity Today in which he declared that, “based upon the little knowledge that I have of the Muslim religion, you know, they h ...[text shortened]... en made a point of recounting his personal struggles with racial discrimination in years past.
    Pizza Man seems to be another right winger who never bothered to read the US Constitution. Article VI provides:

no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    30 May '11 21:02
    I can beat that.

_____

Earlier this week, Cain gave an interview to Christianity Today in which he declared that, “based upon the little knowledge that I have of the Muslim religion, you know, they h ...[text shortened]... en made a point of recounting his personal struggles with racial discrimination in years past.
    Interesting comment. What government in Europe has been infiltrated by non-secular muslims?
  5. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    30 May '11 21:06
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Pizza Man seems to be another right winger who never bothered to read the US Constitution. Article VI provides:

no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.
    Add that to the list of inconvenient truths.
  6. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    30 May '11 21:08
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What government in Europe has been infiltrated by non-secular muslims?
    Who knows what he's talking about.

Maybe he's making vague reference to France's dilemma regarding allowing Muslims to wear burqas?
  7. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    30 May '11 22:16
    But at least Caine isn't worried about the gay terror threat.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 May '11 22:49
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    But at least Caine isn't worried about the gay terror threat.
    Don't get him started .......................................
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 May '11 23:30
    I can beat that.

_____

I see what is really going on here. You people are all just a bunch of racists. 😠
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 May '11 23:352 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder

I gotta say, its kind of refreshing people speak theiri mind rather than reading a prewritten transcript type of response that makes you either go to sleep or makes you want to hang yourself, in which, after you have heard the response are not really sure what the answer is. You know, the type of responses Obama gives. Of course, this type of response is political suicide, but even if some find it distasteful, it is a response most are unaccustomed to which is the truth about how one really feels.

Now if only we could give Obama some truth serum and set him on stage and ask him what he thinks of Zionists we could have a great deal more entertainment. 😛
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 May '11 23:53
    Originally posted by whodey
    I gotta say, its kind of refreshing people speak theiri mind rather than reading a prewritten transcript type of response that makes you either go to sleep or makes you want to hang yourself, in which, after you have heard the response are not really sure what the answer is.
    Well, yes, it is nice that people speak their mind.

It's a shame that sort of thing is in his mind, though.

Also, if that sort of thing really is in his mind, it's really best if it stays there.
  12. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    31 May '11 00:392 edits
    after you have heard the response are not really sure what the answer is
    Kind of like Newt Gingrich's "Meet the Press" interview, and subsequent follow-up?
  13. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    31 May '11 00:41
    I see what is really going on here. You people are all just a bunch of racists. 😠
    Haha.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '11 02:011 edit
    I gotta say, its kind of refreshing people speak theiri mind rather than reading a prewritten transcript type of response ...
    "Refreshing"? Not "prewritten"? It is almost word for word duckspeak, the like of which you see recited day after day, thread after thread, thousands of times, at www.freerepublic.com. To me it sounds about as unoriginal as political invective can get.
  15. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    31 May '11 03:51
    From the article.

"Republicans originally thought that Fox worked for us," said David Frum, the former Bush speechwriter. "Now we’re discovering that we work for Fox."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree