1. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 19:48
    Originally posted by whiterose
    There is a difference between sleeping with men and ONLY sleeping with men. Sure, in every culture there are lots of people who experiment with the same sex(or would like to), but how many Romans refused entirely to sleep with women? Is this a higher or lower percentage than in the big cities of the western world today? We will porbably never know, but I think it is certainly possible that the modern percentage is higher.
    That's a good question. I don't know the answer either. I don't think anyone does. Even today we find out all of the time about "married" guys getting caught in bed with, or admitting to having sex with other men. So to try and figure out how many men (or women) in the past had sex exclusively with their own gender... Hell I don't know.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 13:32
    There is a difference between sleeping with men and ONLY sleeping with men. Sure, in every culture there are lots of people who experiment with the same sex(or would like to), but how many Romans refused entirely to sleep with women? Is this a higher or lower percentage than in the big cities of the western world today? We will porbably never know, but I think it is certainly possible that the modern percentage is higher.
    Sleeping? Why do you feel it necessary to resort to a euphemism when you are talking about sodomy?
  3. Standard memberMerk
    Steamin transies
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 19:13
    The old homosexual or bisexual debate. I don't know what others think of it, but I think bisexual is just another way of saying "gay also".

If you're a man, you either like the ween or you don't. What else you like doesn't matter. You like ween. You're gay. 'Nuff said.
  4. Joined
    29 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 00:37
    Originally posted by Merk
    The old homosexual or bisexual debate. I don't know what others think of it, but I think bisexual is just another way of saying "gay also".

If you're a man, you either like the ween or you don't. What else you like doesn't matter. You like ween. You're gay. 'Nuff said.
    I disagree. I think that all people are curious about both sexes. Most western men will probably vehemently disagree, but of course they were raised in a culture where male homosexuality is unacceptable. I mean look at the Romans. Pretty much all of the soldiers were having sex with men, and presumably women as well or they would have died out fairly quickly. People of all cultures like to experiment, and find sexual satisfation in a variety of ways. What I find interesting is the number of people in western society today who only practice homoexuality. Is this typical, or is the percentage raised due to current overpoplation issues? There is no way to know for sure, but it is an interesting possibility.
  5. Joined
    29 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 00:39
    Originally posted by scipio2
    Sleeping? Why do you feel it necessary to resort to a euphemism when you are talking about sodomy?
    sleeping with, nailing, shagging, having sex with, sodomizing, whatever...
    Why do you care which words I use?
  6. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 02:11
    I've heard somewhere that pregnant women who undergo significant stress are more likely to give birth to a gay child; the reasoning: the woman is releasing more female hormones into her body, which somehow diffuse into the child...

Now as to the scientific accuracy of this theory, I don't know...
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 12:45
    sleeping with, nailing, shagging, having sex with, sodomizing, whatever...
    Why do you care which words I use?
    Just that I think it preferable to be specific since you are talking about a rather disgusting perversion when one considers the normal function of the depository in question.
  8. Joined
    29 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 17:16
    Just that I think it preferable to be specific since you are talking about a rather disgusting perversion when one considers the normal function of the depository in question.
    Many people, both homosexual and heterosexual, do not find it disgusting. You should try it sometime, you might like it 🙂
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 17:23
    Many people, both homosexual and heterosexual, do not find it disgusting. You should try it sometime, you might like it 🙂
    I am happy with the normal channel of communication.
  10. The sky
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 17:31
    I am happy with the normal channel of communication.
    Sticking that thingy you use to pee into someone? Pervert!
  11. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 21:27
    Originally posted by wib
    So to try and figure out how many men (or women) in the past had sex exclusively with their own gender... Hell I don't know.
    You don't know, but you're sure it's not partly for population control...
  12. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 21:35
    Originally posted by uzless
    You don't know, but you're sure it's not partly for population control...
    No. I mean I don't know how many straight men also sleep with men and live in denial. And I don't know how many gay men only sleep with men. I know of no stats for that sort of thing. And even if polls are taken people, especially men, would simply lie.
  13. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 21:592 edits
    Originally posted by uzless
    This has been linked to the notion that "being gay" is linked to natural population control. The idea states that somehow, "nature" is able to tell how many kids a mother has had and somehow decides that she is producing too many offspring that can ideally be raised given food/shelter/water suppplies etc.

In other words, if you're gay, you won't produce a ...[text shortened]... s and thereby reduce the strain on population growth and hence lower resource consumption.
    That is utter rubbish. I suggest you read a little into evolution if you are going to make claims like that. I would recommend starting with [i]the selfish gene.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 23:203 edits
    I wouldn't be so sure Will: the Selfish Gene viewpoint could well be in support of this idea, since genes are not just the makeup of an individual but are also shared by family, tribe, society and species.

So a limit on reproduction within a group might well benefit that group as a whole and perpetuate some genetic tendency for a certain percentage of the population to be homosexuality.
  15. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 17:21
    I had a theory once, I never got to test it though. It asked the question if homosexuality could be linked to male dominance in the household. For example ,in a pride of lions only the dominant male fully matures. The same for diffrent primates. I thought about this when I thought about a friend of mine that has three gay brothers. They have a macho father and my friend who left home while in high school is strait. He tried to explain how his brothers are diffrent kinds of gay. Like one just has intercourse indiscrimanatly, and is in the drug culture. One is a "fem" (his discription) a stereotypical hollywood gay. The other is a straight looking and acting guy who likes men? Back to the theory, could testorne levels be affcted and have an affect on a persons sexuality, based on testosterone levels of other males in the area?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree