1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 20:33
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    A top tariff of roughly 70% over ~$100k and a tax-free wedge of about $20k, with a progressively increasing rate in between. Something like that.

People don't leave their home country without a good reason. Especially if the economy is doing well.
    Unfortunately the rich big business munchkin heirs have lost that "people" connection to the land. They are parasites.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 20:35
    Thousand,

Taxing land is regressive. The tax simply gets added to the rent and the poor end up paying those taxes.

Kaz,

Good luck on that one. I hope you include all income in that taxation and not simply earned income.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 20:383 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Thousand,

Taxing land is regressive. The tax simply gets added to the rent and the poor end up paying those taxes.

Kaz,

Good luck on that one. I hope you include all income in that taxation and not simply earned income.
    You can't just add taxes to the rent. It doesn't work like that. Basic economics will tell you that such expenses are shared both by the rent payers AND the property owners.

EDIT - Removed irrelevant rant.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 20:40
    Good luck having a place to stay after you've burned it down. You'd think people like you who live in places like Watts would figure that out, but I guess some people require more repetions before they learn.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 20:42
    Thousand,

Kaz,

As I said, it's unpopular and in the current political climate in Europe and the US it does not look like it's going to happen any time soon.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 20:422 edits
    You don't burn down your own home dummy. You also don't burn down a home that has an owner with a gun protecting it.

You burn down empty buildings with absentee owners.

Or, just kick in the door and live inside.

You know, there are already quite a lot of people who are homeless without committing arson...
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Jun '11 20:471 edit
    I guess some people require more repetions before they learn.
    LOL. Burn baby burn...it'll be like a forest of wicker men! Beautiful...

EDIT - My comments are California specific, thus irrelevant to the topic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree