1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 03:21
    In case anyone is wondering what the fate of Bergdahl was, it is still to be determined apparently

On June 16, 2014, the U.S. Army said that it has begun investigating the facts and circumstances surrounding the disappearance and capture of Bergdahl in Afghanistan.[97] On June 25, 2014, the U.S. Army stated that there is "no evidence" that Bergdahl "engaged in any misconduct" during his years in captivity.[98] The 2010 Pentagon investigation referred to above dealt with events leading up to his capture. In July 2014, Bergdahl was returned to active duty.[99] In August 2014, it was announced that an investigation headed by Major General Kenneth Dahl would be conducted.[100] During the course of Dahl's inquiry, Bergdahl told investigators that he left his position in June 2009 to report on "misconduct in his unit" and that he had intended to return quickly.[101] According to Bergdahl's lawyer, Eugene Fidell, Bergdahl told him that he "had concerns about certain conditions in the unit and things that happened in the unit and he figured that the only way to get any attention to them would be to get that information to a general officer."[101] Fidell opined that Bergdahl was actually AWOL when he was captured, rather than a deserter.[101]

In December 2014 the Army referred Bergdahl's case to a 4-Star General for a possible court-martial.[102] On March 25, 2015, the Army announced that Bergdahl had been charged with two counts under the Uniform Code of Military Justice: one count of “desertion with intent to shirk important or hazardous duty” and one count of “misbehavior before the enemy by endangering the safety of a command, unit or place.”[103][104][105]

On April 2, 2015, Army officials announced initial hearings in Bergdahl's case would be set for July 8, 2015, at Fort Sam Houston, Texas, but was later postponed until September 17, 2015.[106] His Article 32 hearing, similar to a Grand Jury hearing in civilian court, will review evidence to determine whether to try him in a court-martial
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 03:23
    Suffice it to say, I wager there is enough political pressure on these courts to simply let Bergdahl walk. It's simply too embarrassing for the Obama administration.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 03:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    Suffice it to say, I wager there is enough political pressure on these courts to simply let Bergdahl walk. It's simply too embarrassing for the Obama administration.
    I believe there is just too much evidence against him for that to happen.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 10:461 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think the Obama administration has postponed this and will find a way to side step it.

It's not about right and wrong, it's about abject and unlimited power.

Too bad they could not coerce the soldiers to remain quiet with their silly legal statements they were forced to sign.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 14:471 edit
    cont.

One soldier with the 509th Regiment, a sister unit of the 501st, told CNN that after Bergdahl disappeared, the U.S. Army essentially was told to lock down the entire province of Paktika. He described sitting in the middle of a field with his platoon, vulnerable, with capabilities and personnel mismanaged throughout the region. Different platoons ran ...[text shortened]... itmo for somebody who deserted during a time of war, which is an act of treason," Vierkant said.
    Vierkant's statement is idiocy; he must be reading the same right wing propaganda sheets you subscribe to.

Fairbairn and Casillas were killed in a truck bomb attack on an outpost. http://thefallen.militarytimes.com/army-pfc-justin-a-casillas/4177185/

Trying to blame that somehow on Bergdahl is laughable.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 14:48
    You were saying he would never be charged before he was charged.

Lying idiots like you never learn.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 15:101 edit
    I think the Obama administration has postponed this and will find a way to side step it.

It's not about right and wrong, it's about abject and unlimited power.

Too bad they could not coerce the soldiers to remain quiet with their silly legal statements they were forced to sign.
    Yes, it's shocking that soldiers on active duty were required not to disclose information concerning one of their fellow troopers being held by the enemy during a time of war.

The defense requested the postponement:

Army officials said that the hearing was postponed at the request of the defense, but declined to elaborate. Bergdahl’s attorney, Eugene Fidell, confirmed that the request was made. He said it was needed to sift through evidence that has been collected, and because his team is still waiting for other information in the case to be released by the Army.

“There’s a still a lot of material that we haven’t seen, and we have a pending request for a variety of pieces of evidence and investigative assistance,” Fidell said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/06/04/court-hearing-for-bowe-bergdahl-postponed-by-the-army-until-september/

Given the length of time since the alleged offense and the fact that the defense has to gather evidence in Afghanistan and from discharged soldiers, this is hardly surprising. Adjournments in cases are pretty routine anyway but the tin foil hat brigade are going to see conspiracy hiding under every bed.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 15:14
    You are privy to the results of the Army investigation? Please share your knowledge.
  9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 16:14
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Since your rights are not dependent on nationality according to Natural Rights theory, that is exactly what should be done to "terror" "[b]suspects".[/b]
    Until your Natural Rights theory is enacted by some legislature, you're spitting in the wind.
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 16:15
    More lies.

Which is about all you ever serve up.
    Yup. Everyone who sees things differently from no1 is lying. Must be so, since he said so.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 17:271 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Until your Natural Rights theory is enacted by some legislature, you're spitting in the wind.
    It was "enacted" into our Fundamental Law when the country was created.

I'm not sure why you need to be constantly corrected on this point.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 20:541 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Yup. Everyone who sees things differently from no1 is lying. Must be so, since he said so.
    Give him a break, he's a lawyer. It's not like he can help himself

Speaking of which, do you know why they bury lawyers 12 feet down intead of only 6?

Because deep down they are really good people. 😵
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Aug '15 01:221 edit
    You are privy to the results of the Army investigation? Please share your knowledge.
    I do not know what the investigators have, but the following videos is enough for me to concude he is a deserter.

Bowe Bergdahl's Platoon Speaks Out

YouTube

Former platoon members react to Bowe Bergdahl charges

YouTube

Bergdahl: What They Aren't Telling You!

YouTube
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Aug '15 01:24
    I do not know what the investigators have, but the following videos is enough for me to concude he is a deserter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvk0qiVsPto

Former platoon members react to Bowe Bergdahl charges

[youtube]3jBs_vx86YY[/youtube]

Bergdahl: What They Aren't Telling You!

[youtube]PfBlW7p0-E0[/youtube]
    RJHinds: I do not know what the investigators have, but the following videos is enough for me to concude he is a deserter.

That pretty much says it all about the right wing mindset.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Aug '15 02:323 edits
    RJHinds: I do not know what the investigators have, but the following videos is enough for me to concude he is a deserter.

That pretty much says it all about the right wing mindset.
    Are you actually saying Bowe Bergdahl's platoon members had the right wing mindset by stating he deserted his post? I suppose the left-wing mindset would be that he was just going out sight seeing and had no obligation to tell anyone anything.

After getting released Bergdahl claimed he fell behind while on patrol and was captured. His platoon members say that was not true for they were not out on patrol and he left behind his weapon and body armor and night vision googles and most of his other gear and disappeared by sneaking off.

If he lied about that I would doubt that any of his other stories are true either. He even shipped home his computer and other personal items just before this happened as if he had planned to desert.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree