1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 15:512 edits
    I just want to make sure everyone is OK.

My only question is, since the government has shut down, who will waste my money, spy on me, and have contempt for me?

We're all gonna die!
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 15:56
    @whodey

I do have a few questions about the shut down though.

If the government has shut down, where are my taxes going?

Also, I appreciate the Christmas present. but I'm afraid I did not get the government anything. What would be a good gift?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 18:43
    @whodey
    Your taxes are already gone. Any taxes taken out of your paycheck will go to IRS coffers and won't be going to pay hundreds of thousands of government workers, in fact, airport checkers are working without pay for the duration.
    But you already know all that and instead THINK you are being clever.
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 21:48
    @whodey said
    @whodey

I do have a few questions about the shut down though.

If the government has shut down, where are my taxes going?

Also, I appreciate the Christmas present. but I'm afraid I did not get the government anything. What would be a good gift?
    Impeachment !!
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 22:23
    , in fact, airport checkers are working without pay for the duration.
    But you already know all that and instead THINK you are being clever.
    Those are just the paedophiles satisfying their urge to feel up kiddies. As with any shut down they will be paid, along with all those that simply stayed home, when the shut down ends.
  6. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 22:58
    @whodey

LoL we're all gonna die... cracked me up. 😂
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 23:04
    @wajoma said
    Those are just the paedophiles satisfying their urge to feel up kiddies. As with any shut down they will be paid, along with all those that simply stayed home, when the shut down ends.
    And if the shut down lasts a month?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 09:53
    @sonhouse said
    The USA is a joke
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 11:00
    @sonhouse said
    It might be a wise move to take a hot apple pie round to the local fire dept., just to keep on their good side.
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 11:23
    @whodey said
    I just want to make sure everyone is OK.

My only question is, since the government has shut down, who will waste my money, spy on me, and have contempt for me?

We're all gonna die!
    Google
  11. Germany
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 11:52
    What I find surprising about this whole shutdown-every-other-minute business is that apparently no one seems to think that it would be a good idea to, I don't know, not have them anymore? I'm pretty sure the last one they had here was in 1945. Even in freaking Belgium when they had a caretaker government for a year they had no "government shutdown" or anything like it.
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 14:44
    @kazetnagorra said
    What I find surprising about this whole shutdown-every-other-minute business is that apparently no one seems to think that it would be a good idea to, I don't know, not have them anymore? I'm pretty sure the last one they had here was in 1945. Even in freaking Belgium when they had a caretaker government for a year they had no "government shutdown" or anything like it.
    Welcome to the new world dis-order, based no longer on stability, shared interests and cooperation, but rampant Trumpism:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/25/opinions/nic-robertson-2019-opinion-intl/index.html
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 14:59
    @badradger
    With Trump as POTUS, it is now. Just an indication of the decline of the US, like Rome a hundred years before THEIR collapse.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    25 Dec '18 15:02
    @sonhouse said
    @badradger
    With Trump as POTUS, it is now. Just an indication of the decline of the US, like Rome a hundred years before THEIR collapse.
    The Roman Empire was as its peak territorial extent in 117 AD. It collapsed in 1453.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Dec '18 05:00
    @kazetnagorra said
    The Roman Empire was as its peak territorial extent in 117 AD. It collapsed in 1453.
    Well the HRE may have gone down in 1453 but Rome lost it around 440 AD or so, which left a huge vacuum in Europe and England. it took them a thousand years to get over THAT hangover.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree