1. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    15 Jul '11 22:04
    Originally posted by dryhump
    For a person who complains about other posters bigotry, you sure like the stereotypes.
    So does nearly every professional comedian in the world. I'm just an amateur.
  2. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    15 Jul '11 22:09
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    So does nearly every professional comedian in the world. I'm just an amateur.
    So that's why it's not funny then.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    15 Jul '11 22:10
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    LOL
  4. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    15 Jul '11 22:14
    If you thought it wasn't funny...

...you might be a redneck. 😉
  5. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    15 Jul '11 22:181 edit
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    If you thought it wasn't funny...

...you might be a redneck. 😉
    Or maybe you're just a bigoted a-hole laughing at his own jokes.
  6. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    15 Jul '11 22:30
    Or maybe you're just a bigoted a-hole laughing at his own jokes.
    Oh brother. Look, I'm sorry if I got your panties so bunched up you're walking like you have a ball of yarn up your ass, but the world is a rough and tumble place. Go back to sleep, Sleepyguy.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Jul '11 22:30
    As I understand it, the program is paid for by a tax the phone companies pay. So the ones subsidizing the program are the phone company's (other) customers (assuming the cost of the tax is able to be 100% passed to customers).

Not sure how they inspires the moral outrage of some of the posts here.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '11 22:31
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    As I understand it, the program is paid for by a tax the phone companies pay. So the ones subsidizing the program are the phone company's (other) customers (assuming the cost of the tax is able to be 100% passed to customers).

Not sure how they inspires the moral outrage of some of the posts here.
    Why should people who want cell phones be forced to pay the bills for those who can't afford one?
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    15 Jul '11 22:32
    So the law says phone companies have to buy everyone phone access in order to do business? How do they make money? Are there limited minutes or something?
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Jul '11 22:36
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    So the law says phone companies have to buy everyone phone access in order to do business? How do they make money? Are there limited minutes or something?
    I'll have to check (I'm leaving to eat) but I believe the government pays $10 towards each monthly service plan of those qualified. That money comes from the tax on the phone companies. So the phone companies get their money back (minus administrative costs) plus they get whatever the customer pays above and beyond $10 a month.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Jul '11 01:36
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Why should people who want cell phones be forced to pay the bills for those who can't afford one?
    Because the companies make money on the program. Last I checked, customers don't get to dictate the business practices of companies.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    16 Jul '11 02:25
    Is this you telling redneck jokes, Sooth? 😛

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail134.html
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '11 15:57
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Because the companies make money on the program. Last I checked, customers don't get to dictate the business practices of companies.
    So the government is working with the companies to make even more money off their customers. You're OK with it.

Business and government working together to milk even more money from consumers. It is a perfect example of what is wrong with the US. If you can't see it, then your Marxists ideals are clouding your view of right and wrong.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Jul '11 16:00
    Originally posted by Eladar
    So the government is working with the companies to make even more money off their customers. You're OK with it.

Business and government working together to milk even more money from consumers. It is a perfect example of what is wrong with the US. If you can't see it, then your Marxists ideals are clouding your view of right and wrong.
    LMAO! Expanding phone coverage while at the same time making it more profitable for private companies to do so is "Marxist"?

You right wing nuts really crack me up.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '11 16:12
    No, I said you are a Marxist and that you can't see this as evil because of your Marxist beliefs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree