Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 26 Feb '12 07:38
    We have lots of greedy businessmen, bankers here in Britain , can't you yanks extradite a few more. Give him 35 years.
  2. 26 Feb '12 20:05
    Originally posted by kaminsky
    We have lots of greedy businessmen, bankers here in Britain , can't you yanks extradite a few more. Give him 35 years.
    Nobody has explained to me how the U.S has got jurisdiction over this case. If britain has signed up for these sanctions the HM gov should be prosecuting the case' if they hav'nt then they should not be extradicting him.
  3. 27 Feb '12 05:48
    Could he get the chair, do any states still have the gas chamber ?
  4. Standard member spruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    27 Feb '12 05:53
    Who is this?
  5. 27 Feb '12 18:15
    socialist , pacifist ,enjoying the fact that some greedy bastard trading in arms as got his comeuppance. I also believe in US due process.
  6. 27 Feb '12 18:26
    if we can forget about Ethel and Julius Rosenberg
  7. 27 Feb '12 20:05
    Originally posted by kaminsky
    socialist , pacifist ,enjoying the fact that some greedy bastard trading in arms as got his comeuppance. I also believe in US due process.
    He was a battery salesman who sold batteries that were used in an iranian missile system.
  8. 28 Feb '12 06:04
    you can get four years for inciting rioting on facebook, enabling missle systems that blow people to bits seems to me to deserve a an appropriate penalty. Im glad the yanks have got him , he would get knighthood over here.
  9. 28 Feb '12 19:33
    Originally posted by kaminsky
    you can get four years for inciting rioting on facebook, enabling missle systems that blow people to bits seems to me to deserve a an appropriate penalty. Im glad the yanks have got him , he would get knighthood over here.
    And the autistic guy they want extradited for hacking into their computer system that's okay to is it? and so we can extradite any american that sells arms to anyone and russia can extradite the israeli arms sellers and vice versa if your talking about a ban on all international arms sales; great, but every arms dealer is a greedy businessman/woman, it is not a sector that charities usually get involved with.
  10. 29 Feb '12 18:45
    personaly I would jail all arms dealers, but thats just me .
  11. 29 Feb '12 20:11
    Originally posted by kaminsky
    personaly I would jail all arms dealers, but thats just me .
    Well that's just me too, but given that is not the case I am more concerned/confused as to why a British citizen is being extradited to the U.S for a crime that was not committed on U.S soil or in any way impacted on U.S citizens.
  12. 02 Mar '12 05:21
    because a wealthy retired businessman ,who wanted for nothing , wanted more, and would do anything to get it. Don't worry im sure the yanks will give him a fair trial. It might deter other greedy bastards.
  13. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    03 Mar '12 06:59
    Apparently he tried to do business with undercover Americans which is why we got him.

    http://www.startribune.com/nation/140695443.html
  14. 03 Mar '12 07:44
    The FBI gave Tappin two chances to withdraw from the deal , but he was insistent it went ahead, the evidence against him is compelling. A British judge examined the claims of entrapment and found no evidence ,infact quite the opposite. Tappins last statement as he boarded the plane, was that he was going to show the Americans some class ,nice fella eh.
  15. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    03 Mar '12 07:55
    If you're hoping the USA will be tough on him, you're lucky - Texas has him.