1. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 15:31
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I am not schooled on the topic, I just put it out there to see debate for both sides. So far it is much one sided, because of politics. I agree it should not be a political issue, but the Left has contributed false information to support it.
    Why do you assume that everyone who disagrees with you must be 'the left'?

The fact is that large amounts of CO2 in the atmosphere are causing warming which causes change. Humans do not adapt well to change. Change is very very expensive.
    Do you understand that much at least?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 15:32
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    God is perfect.
    Everything God makes is perfect.
    God made the Earth.
    The Earth is perfect.
    Global warming cannot exist.
    Yes, but that does not explain you Shav.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 15:34
    Originally posted by sh76
    The question is not whether global warming exists. On the contrary, the premise of the OP assumes that it does.

The question is whether that's inherently such a bad thing.
    The OP doesn't actually address any of the concerns with regards to warming. Instead it makes the false assumption that the main concern is plant heat death. Ha ha ha.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 15:41
    Originally posted by Eladar
    The world has been greening recently.
    Which is not necessarily a good thing.
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 15:42
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The OP doesn't actually address any of the concerns with regards to warming. Instead it makes the false assumption that the main concern is plant heat death. Ha ha ha.
    I don't read it that way. He didn't seem to say that the main problem with AGW is plant death. He seemed to say that increase in plant growth could be a positive effect of CO2 emissions and that this benefit would not be offset by AGW causing plant deaths because CO2 increased heat tolerance in plants. He didn't seem to have addressed the negative aspects of AGW.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 15:45
    The question is not whether global warming exists. On the contrary, the premise of the OP assumes that it does.

The question is whether that's inherently such a bad thing.
    just a few meters of sea level rise means vast areas of farm land gets flooded, for example in india and china. that means hundreds of MILLIONS of people get displaced, and are short on food. that means a refugee problem the likes of each you can't dream. famine and disease will follow.

so much water from the arctic can also mean the gulf stream effectively shuts down, with more extreme weather to follow.

these are just a few of the fun effects of putting short term greed ahead of long term planning.

on a planetary scale, any change can have devastating consequences. you not realizing that simply betrays a laughably limited knowledge of the subject.
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 15:51
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yes, but that does not explain you Shav.
    The existence of Gods is not based on proof, but on belief.

It only takes one person to believe in a God and it therefore exists.

So bow down peasant and suck the cheese from betweeb my toes!
  8. Germany
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 17:19
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I am not schooled on the topic, I just put it out there to see debate for both sides. So far it is much one sided, because of politics. I agree it should not be a political issue, but the Left has contributed false information to support it.
    Here's a thought - when someone is speaking on talk radio about the way science works and they are not in any way affiliated with or have any experience with how science works, maybe, just maybe, they're lying or at the very least talking out of their backside.

I work in science. There is no "leftist" conspiracy in science.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 17:25
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Here's a thought - when someone is speaking on talk radio about the way science works and they are not in any way affiliated with or have any experience with how science works, maybe, just maybe, they're lying or at the very least talking out of their backside.

I work in science. There is no "leftist" conspiracy in science.
    Is Science monolithic?
  10. Germany
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 17:30
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Is Science monolithic?
    There is no "leftist" conspiracy. Stomp your feet, cry, and run to mommy, if you must. Doesn't change the way the world works. Sorry.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 17:36
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why do you assume that everyone who disagrees with you must be 'the left'?

The fact is that large amounts of CO2 in the atmosphere are causing warming which causes change. Humans do not adapt well to change. Change is very very expensive.
    Do you understand that much at least?
    I do not assume anything, some of my family and friends are left leaning, but I love them very much.Your assumption that everyone who disagrees with me is left is not true. There are conservatives who disagree with me too. But generally most are liberals.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 17:37
    I don't read it that way. He didn't seem to say that the main problem with AGW is plant death. He seemed to say that increase in plant growth could be a positive effect of CO2 emissions and that this benefit would not be offset by AGW causing plant deaths because CO2 increased heat tolerance in plants. He didn't seem to have addressed the negative aspects of AGW.
    Well I generally accept that an increase in plant growth may, in some circumstances, be a benefit of global warming. I could list many many other benefits, some of them unquestionably beneficial. The problem is the OP is not just saying 'this is one benefit', it is saying 'global warming isn't harmful'.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 17:37
    There is no "leftist" conspiracy. Stomp your feet, cry, and run to mommy, if you must. Doesn't change the way the world works. Sorry.
    You didn't answer my question.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 17:38
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    just a few meters of sea level rise means vast areas of farm land gets flooded,
    Not to mention whole cities.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 17:38
    Not according to leaked emails recently.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree