1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 May '10 22:10
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Hand up everyone who thinks BP's gonna be footing the bill for that little mess...
    They're too big to pay...
  2. silicon valley
    Moves
    03 May '10 22:20
    costs up to $14B

breakdown:

65% paid by BP through its self-owned insurer (because BP owns 65% of the well)
    25% Anadarko because it owns 25%

amount to be determined in litigation, by Cameron because it built the faulty shutoff valve
    amount to be determined in litigation, by Halliburton because it (supervised/managed/performed?) the drilling

$1B eaten by Swiss firm Transocean because it owns the lost rig.

BP's stock price has already dropped 13 pct = $20B.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/commodities/cost-oil-spill-exceed--billion/

Monday, May 03, 2010
    Cost of US Oil Spill Could Exceed $14 Billion
  3. Standard memberScotty70
    Maddog1213
    Central Office
    Moves
    03 May '10 22:42
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    costs up to $14B

breakdown:

65% paid by BP through its self-owned insurer (because BP owns 65% of the well)
    25% Anadarko because it owns 25%

amount to be determined in litigation, by Cameron because it built the faulty shutoff valve
    amount to be determined in litigation, by Halliburton because it (supervised/managed/performed?) the drilling

$ ...[text shortened]... l-spill-exceed--billion/

Monday, May 03, 2010
    Cost of US Oil Spill Could Exceed $14 Billion
    Of course that doesn't include the economic cost that us peasants would have to bear, like the expected rise in fuel costs.
  4. silicon valley
    Moves
    03 May '10 22:57
    likely, esp. given reports the oil is also affecting other companies' operations in the area.

reports also say it might not be so bad, since the water is warmer than with the Exxon Valdez and the oil more likely to disperse quickly. i forget which warm-water spill they compared it to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree