1. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 18:58
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Sam, care to answer the question on page 1?

I am sincerely interested in your opinion, being as you are a convinced defender of your 2nd Amendment rights.

As said, I feel there is a justification in having a gun at home when living in dangerous areas. However, I have mixed feelings when it comes to bars and restaurants.

Would you endorse such a motion in your current State?
    The state I live in allows open carry with no license required. Concealed permits are easily obtainable after a firearms class and background check. Even with license, firearms are not allowed in any place serving alcohol. I think that's a good idea.

I don't take advantage of our relaxed gun laws, never felt the need to carry one.
  2. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 21:14
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    High taxes and therefore low poverty and therefore low crime.
    We should pay people not to steal from us? At least the mafia are more upfront and honest about it than you KN.
  3. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 21:23
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    The state I live in allows open carry with no license required. Concealed permits are easily obtainable after a firearms class and background check. Even with license, firearms are not allowed in any place serving alcohol. I think that's a good idea.

I don't take advantage of our relaxed gun laws, never felt the need to carry one.
    Look again -- I think it was signed today -- if they promise not to drink! Yes, bartender, I'm going to hang out in this bar with my loaded weapon but I promise not to drink!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 22:35
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    Look again -- I think it was signed today -- if they promise not to drink! Yes, bartender, I'm going to hang out in this bar with my loaded weapon but I promise not to drink!
    That's not the state I live in, but thanks anyway.
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 06:54
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham

Thanks for responding.

Do you think the State is taking a step backwards or forward in the fight against crime and insecurity?
  6. Joined
    07 Jul '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 19:19
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8145541.stm

[i]
    If a last-minute legal challenge fails, from Tuesday, gun owners in the state will be allowed to carry their weapons in a lot more public places - including bars and restaurants.

State legislators - a quarter of whom own firearms - have passed a law allowing guns into bars and restaurants, but ...[text shortened]... and playing with the gun?

I say it is a step backwards... back to the 1800s!
    Ever heard the saying "there is never a cop around when you need one"

Concealled weapons ok in my book.
  7. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 01:18
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Let the owners of bars and restaurants decide and set the terms and conditions for entry to their property. Customers can then choose to patronise either gunless bars or otherwise, same with the smoking ban.

I know in which bar the customers would be extremely polite.
    Well said.
  8. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 01:50
    Haven't criminals been taking concealed weapons into bars?
    What's the big deal if a state makes it legal for a law-abiding citizen to do the same thing?
  9. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 04:34
    Crooks have been doing WTF they want for some time now, with impunity. Statistically, we live in a more dangerous time now than your so-called 'wild west.' Yet it's us honest folks who've been punished, for decades. Making me an easier target won't stop any crime, since I don't commit any. 'Shall issue' permit laws don't do anything revolutionary or new. They simply reaffirm the peace-loving citizen's rights and tip the balance back in favor of justice and common sense.
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 07:111 edit
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8145541.stm

If a last-minute legal challenge fails, from Tuesday, gun owners in the state will be allowed to carry their weapons in a lot more public places - including bars and restaurants.

State legislators - a quarter of whom own firearms - have passed a law allowing guns into bars and restaurants, but and playing with the gun?

I say it is a step backwards... back to the 1800s!
    The Wild West again? It never left here.

I can walk down the streets of Eugene with a holstered firearm. The police might ask who I am but they can't do anything about it.

Funny, no one reads about our rampant shoot-outs. Damn ultra-conservative media, that's what it is!
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 17:18
    Originally posted by Badwater

I can walk down the streets of Eugene with a holstered firearm. The police might ask who I am but they can't do anything about it.

Funny, no one reads about our rampant shoot-outs. Damn ultra-conservative media, that's what it is!
    You have a point there, bw.

It is amazing what the media can create (or destroy) by simply selecting what goes on and what not.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 17:44
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    We should pay people not to steal from us? At least the mafia are more upfront and honest about it than you KN.
    No, they are voluntarily not stealing.
  13. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    19 Jul '09 15:37
    Originally posted by Badwater

If it is holstered out in the open a pistol cant do much. Once hidden the sneaky damn things are likely to do anything.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree