Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1407
    23 Mar '17 19:584 edits
    House Republican leaders have postponed a vote on their health care bill in a setback for President Donald Trump and Speaker Paul Ryan.

    How can one political party, who enjoy's majority control of both houses of Congress fail to get this passed?? They've had 7+ years to plan this, and still they can't agree on what to do. Who are they going to blame now, the media? What a bunch of idiots!

    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/house-gop-leaders-delay-vote-on-health-care-repeal-bill/ar-BByDYBm
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    23 Mar '17 20:093 edits
    It's because Reps only focused on repeal, not "replace". It wasn't until Trump's term, when the possibility of repeal was real, that it dawned on them that those already covered would have a problem with losing health insurance, making Reps look awful.

    They also kept pushing the narrative that the Affordable Care Act was a massive failure---a "disaster" as Trump calls it---for most of the last ten years, and thus, didn't account for its success in covering over 20 million people.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    23 Mar '17 20:13
    Originally posted by mchill
    House Republican leaders have postponed a vote on their health care bill in a setback for President Donald Trump and Speaker Paul Ryan.

    How can one political party, who enjoy's majority control of both houses of Congress fail to get this passed?? They've had 7+ years to plan this, and still they can't agree on what to do. Who are they going to blame now, ...[text shortened]... w.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/house-gop-leaders-delay-vote-on-health-care-repeal-bill/ar-BByDYBm
    It is because unlike Democrats, Republicans have some people who stand for principle and not simply establishment. The Republicans who actually want to cut cost for insurance will not vote for Obamacare 2.0
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    23 Mar '17 20:18
    Originally posted by vivify
    It's because Reps only focused on repeal, not "replace". It wasn't until Trump's term, when the possibility of repeal was real, that it dawned on them that those already covered would have a problem with losing health insurance, making Reps look awful.

    They also kept pushing the narrative that the Affordable Care Act was a massive failure---a "disaster" ...[text shortened]... the last ten years, and thus, didn't account for its success in covering over 20 million people.
    Establishment types led by Karl Rove are working to keep sending government dollars to insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies.
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    23 Mar '17 21:13
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Establishment types led by Karl Rove are working to keep sending government dollars to insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies.
    I'm sure these "principled Republicans" will also publicly declare they want to repeal Medicare so that they stop "sending government dollars to insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies."
  6. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    23 Mar '17 21:14
    Originally posted by Eladar
    It is because unlike Democrats, Republicans have some people who stand for principle and not simply establishment. The Republicans who actually want to cut cost for insurance will not vote for Obamacare 2.0
    Turns out that the principle of sending as many people to their deaths as possible is surprisingly unpopular.
  7. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    12727
    23 Mar '17 21:241 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Turns out that the principle of sending as many people to their deaths as possible is surprisingly unpopular.
    The RINO's are like lazy out of shape ball players who don't really want to get off the bench they've been riding for eight years and play the game. The Tea Partiers are scrappier, ready and eager to play. And then you have Trump being Trump, just trying to lie, bully and BS his way through it all. This is amazing theater. Hope we don't have a war.
  8. Standard memberSoothfast
    0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,
    Planet Rain
    Joined
    04 Mar '04
    Moves
    2445
    23 Mar '17 21:33
    Originally posted by mchill
    House Republican leaders have postponed a vote on their health care bill in a setback for President Donald Trump and Speaker Paul Ryan.

    How can one political party, who enjoy's majority control of both houses of Congress fail to get this passed?? They've had 7+ years to plan this, and still they can't agree on what to do. Who are they going to blame now, ...[text shortened]... w.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/house-gop-leaders-delay-vote-on-health-care-repeal-bill/ar-BByDYBm
    Ha.

    Lovin' it.
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    23 Mar '17 21:43
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    The RINO's are like lazy out of shape ball players who don't really want to get off the bench they've been riding for eight years and play the game. The Tea Partiers are scrappier, ready and eager to play. And then you have Trump being Trump, just trying to lie, bully and BS his way through it all. This is amazing theater. Hope we don't have a war.
    We're bombing in Syria and Iraq (plus putting boots on the ground in both) and drone striking all over the Middle East (as well as staging raids like the disaster in Yemen).

    So I assume you mean either: A) A bigger war or B) A really, really bigger war i.e. WWIII.
  10. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    12727
    23 Mar '17 23:01
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    We're bombing in Syria and Iraq (plus putting boots on the ground in both) and drone striking all over the Middle East (as well as staging raids like the disaster in Yemen).

    So I assume you mean either: A) A bigger war or B) A really, really bigger war i.e. WWIII.
    I was thinking civil war, actually.
  11. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    23 Mar '17 23:50
    Minutes ago this tidbit:

    UPDATE: 7:42 p.m.: President Donald Trump is demanding a vote Friday in the House on the Republican plan to repeal and replace Obamacare, White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney said. If the bill fails, Trump is prepared to move on and leave Obamacare in place, Mulvaney said.

    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-freedom-caucus-health-care-236418

    An interesting gambit from the Donald. Will the Freedom boys fold?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    23 Mar '17 23:57
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Minutes ago this tidbit:

    UPDATE: 7:42 p.m.: President Donald Trump is demanding a vote Friday in the House on the Republican plan to repeal and replace Obamacare, White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney said. If the bill fails, Trump is prepared to move on and leave Obamacare in place, Mulvaney said.

    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-fr ...[text shortened]... -caucus-health-care-236418

    An interesting gambit from the Donald. Will the Freedom boys fold?
    Why vote for Obamacare 2.0?
  13. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    24 Mar '17 00:00
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Why vote for Obamacare 2.0?
    It cuts rich folks taxes. A lot.

    And if you don't, you still have Obamacare 1.0 in your phraseology.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    24 Mar '17 00:07
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It cuts rich folks taxes. A lot.

    And if you don't, you still have Obamacare 1.0 in your phraseology.
    All Republicans ran on was repealing Obamacare. If they dont, I am hoping the establishment guys get primarried.
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    24 Mar '17 00:10
    Originally posted by Eladar
    All Republicans ran on was repealing Obamacare. If they dont, I am hoping the establishment guys get primarried.
    It's your Tea Party boys who will kill any chance of repealing Obamacare at this rate.
Back to Top