1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 18:46
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Indeed you did.

Maybe Rand/Lee & the Freedom Caucus boys will be able to convince Trump to repeal it with a 2 year sunset or something and then do the hard work in the interim. He needs someone in the congress to help him and he's just learned Ryan may not be the guy. But I really do think he's going to start reaching out to the Dems. He's a prag ...[text shortened]... e CAN he turn to for help with that but Democrats? It sure isn't going to be the Freedom Caucus.
    Ironically, "repeal and delay" was originally Paul Ryan's strategy which Trump came down hard against on January 11th: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2017/01/11/trump-says-obamacare-repeal-and-replace-will-be-done-simultaneously/#7d969c70251b

So Trump put his (tiny) thumb on the scale early against a full repeal.
  2. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 19:19
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Ironically, "repeal and delay" was originally Paul Ryan's strategy which Trump came down hard against on January 11th: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2017/01/11/trump-says-obamacare-repeal-and-replace-will-be-done-simultaneously/#7d969c70251b

So Trump put his (tiny) thumb on the scale early against a full repeal.
    Yep. I forgot about that.

Trump's maybe a little smarter now. I still hold out a little hope that he can bring the GOP war to a truce. Both the Freedom boys and the Ryan wing were praising his energy, involvement etc. Ryan called him a fast learner, and said Trump had been "fantastic". Meadows and Paul said similar things in different hallway interviews. Maybe he can big-dog these fools into a compromise.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree